Instagram will remove “Following” Feature This Week

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I never peeped it was gone and never used it. Honestly, I don’t care for social media anymore. Just focused on God, education, and building passive income now. Just deactivated and deleted Facebook and FB Messenger. IG about to get the axe next.

Yes, it is because of a woman. :mjcry:

I remember being absent from Facebook for 3+ years so it isn’t hard but it was the way kept up with her outside of talking over the phone. Now that that is over and done for real. There’s no need for it. :yeshrug::hubie:

Just TheColi to keep current. :jawalrus:

Update: Deactivated and deleted IG from my phone.

Last edited:

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukkING BULLshyt!!!! :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

I been knew they was doing this but still.....I'm big ultra mad

It was how I discovered alot of cool content, especially 80-90's fan pages, and new music.

I don't like the explore page and its fukked up algorithm that never really knows what I like other than nail art. :shaq2:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never really used it.

They said because you can’t see your followers likes anymore this will stop people from being able to see when someone was last on because it was too intrusive but if you’ve ever dm’ed with someone you can see when they were last on Instagram if you go into your dm section.

Last edited:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
:mjtf:
the direction of self-immolating their business model. what metrics would advertisers use for brand awareness on the platform?
Instagram isn't removing the ability to like a photo. They're hiding the number of likes.

You're still going to be able to see your own likes. You just won't be able to see other people's likes. So Advertisers will be able to see how their brand is doing.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
That following tab is the main reason I don’t follow anybody I actually know and care about their opinions. Like it was reporting EVERYTHING i liked. Mostly just sports or funny shyt, but im not gay and would also follow bad chicks I ran up on or something

that shyt is the main reason I don’t add my girl or her friends because ill be getting stalked and questioned like a mf

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nah, a big reason for Snapchat popularity was that it didn’t have likes and views
Yup, people aren't posting to their feeds as much anymore on IG either due to the "likes" and views. People are posting more IG Stories because it's more of an authentic connection to their followers/audience.

Where as your feed's traffic is dependent on the time and day you post, and the hashtags you throw on it.