Instagram's reign as the top deleted app of 2023 has been widely documented…is instagram dying

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
IG died when they stopped people from being able to see their friends posts and then engagement died. If everyone lurks then it’s gonna die off

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
I deleted mine. Realized how pointless it was and wish I had done it sooner.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
:blessed:

All social media apps have a life span. History repeats from them hi5, myspace, blackplanet, facebook days. Hell I don't know no one my age who still updates their facebook. Only my mom and dad generation still on it like that (Besides if you looking for ratchet ish like brothazay). My nieces and nephew are just youtube and tiktok they don't care about instagram
Every social app are copies of copies. There's no originality. When one app dies, another one emerges.

Plus, social media isn't social. The only app that stood out was MySpace because it had practical use. Myspace taught people how to code, discover new artists, and be creative. The original YouTube before Google bought it had similar features.
TikTok is more engaging, there's a niche for everything including tutorials on how to pimp a sugar mama:russ:

Daps
ever since they modified the ‘recent’ tab in hashtag searches, removing the newest posts and only offering a curation of moderately recent content, the site has been dying.

nobody who’s new is able to reach anyone unless they pay to boost their content, which most people simply won’t do.

:unimpressed: