Interesting How Shaq Avoids the Same Type of Criticism Other Black Athletes/Celebs Get…

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
This nikka is on the board at Papa John’s (and is their official “Brand Ambassador”) despite knowing that John Schnatter is a racist piece of shyt:

….claims he wants to be part of “turning their image around” (forget the fact that Papa John’s is actually the worst fukking pizza on the planet…..that’s not even germane here, even though it’s a fact).

Nevermind him always sticking up for the police (or being a cop himself), OR that he supports the NRA:

Probably shocking to no one is that Shaq supports the National Rifle Association’s efforts to leave gun laws—more specifically, the legal age of gun purchase—alone, and his answer to stopping gun violence in school? You guessed it: more police.

...and nevermind that he did an ad SUPPORTING CHRIS fukkING CHRISTIE:

…and nevermind that he’s made comments that, if made by others, would have caused him to be OSTRACIZED, especially by you nikkas on HERE (what self-respecting Blackman goes on "FOX & Friends", for crying out fukking loud?:martin:):

Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest has found plenty of supporters among athletes, but Shaquille O’Neal is not one of them.

O’Neal has never been afraid to speak out, but he said on Wednesday’s "FOX & Friends" that he doesn’t agree with the way Kaepernick is making his statement.

"I don’t know Colin, but again, to each his own. I don’t really have a say on it, but I would never do that. My father was a military man, and you know, he protected this country. Uncles are in law enforcement, you know, they go out and work hard every day.

"Just, (there are) other ways to get your point across."

O’Neal has spoken often about how his late stepfather, Army sergeant Phillip Harrison, raised him to have respect for the military and law enforcement. During his playing career, O’Neal went through training to became a reserve police officer in LA and Miami Beach and was named an honorary U.S. Deputy Marshall.

He criticized Kaepernick for seemingly becoming an activist overnight:

"My question is, how come you didn’t do it last year? Or how come you didn’t do it when you first entered the NFL?"

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...-protest-fox-and-friends-never-do-that-090716

…AND nevermind that he acts like a hyper-sensitive little girl when it comes to people criticizing him. nikka STAYED talkin’ unnecessary shyt about JaVale McGee for YEARS, and when McGee finally responded, Shaq immediately got in his feelings:

The latest O’Neal-McGee spat began when O’Neal, now an analyst at TNT who frequently targets McGee for ridicule, presented a video Thursday night that mocked McGee. It was very personal.

McGee took offense and responded on Twitter, which led to the two men exchanging insults, with McGee accusing O’Neal of “c00ning,” and O’Neal calling McGee “dumb” and threatening to “smack the s--t out” of McGee.

NOW let me be clear…..for the record, I don’t care about him doing ANY of this shyt personally, as it’s been "fukk Shaq" on mines for a few years now (this DESPITE the fact that Shaq was arguably my favorite player in the 90s…I bought his book, for fukk's sake).

But it’s the HYPOCRISY of people picking and choosing who or what they wanna be outraged about that I’m highlighting here.

S’why nobody takes these online revolutionaries nor their fake outrage seriously.

Have that same energy for EVERYBODY….not just the people you don’t like.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Green eggs and ham it :shaq2:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
@Jerz-2 Good post. Sometimes I think that people observe Shaq as a man-child due to his sensitive nature and playfulness, so when he does shameful shyt like you mentioned, people may chalk it up as to him not making the decision on his own or just being ignorant about the issue. We gotta realize that he's been a millionaire for over 25 years and he knows exactly what he's doing.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Shaq is a disappointment in general for me.

During his early career you would've thought he would've made a fantastic media personality. But him on Inside the NBA has been just tolerable at best. He doesnt say anything other than, "I agree with Chuck or Kenny" He's shown he's overly sensitive to everything.

His career was disappointing to me b/c I felt he should've stayed in Orlando. Even he admitted that later inthat 30 for 30.

And he's a sheriff, which altho nothing wrong with that, I dont remember him saying much about police brutality.