Interesting question - are Australian Aboriginals black?

Superstar
Daps
in south africa, coloured may refer to a specific mixed race ethnic group while here in usa it may refer to someone who isn't white or specifically someone who is black. using the same term doesn't mean it's the same group.

no, i do not racially identify with these people in op.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Black traditionally refers to people of Africa and their descendants
It’s not actually tradition, if anything in a modern context it’s colloquial. I explained how race science was created in the 1700s.

The thing is - the same people, the same white men, who were involved in the Trans Atlantic Slave trade ALSO went to Australia.

There they found black people, to them they were no different than black people in Africa. They called them Negroes, treated them as such. So when you look at things traditionally they are just as ‘black’ as the African diaspora despite being a non-African ethnic group.

Remember race is a social construct and when it was constructed those people were considered black and treated as such since the advent of chattel slavery.

Race is NOT genetic and has NO biological basis. Even in Africa there is no one shared ethnic background and genetic diversity is highest within Africa relative to anywhere else in the world. That means two Africans 100 miles away from each other could be MORE genetically dissimilar to each other then either of them is to an Asian or European, for example.

That is key here. And no I’m not saying that race isn’t a SOCIAL reality. All of my evidence has shown how and why it is.

It’s a definitely a paradigm shift to understand this. Race is by its creators - white men in the 1700s. People don’t get to choose their race, the white power structure does so involuntarily.

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
You're an Aussie? What are abo/African relations like?
I’m African sorta grew up here. some siblings and my kids are born here. Very few indigenous these days in my city compared to when I was growing up. African community seems to only be growing tho. Also apparently the word abo is derogatory they told me. So therefor I don’t use it. Just indigenous or aboriginal is fine tho.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Clearly. The fukk ?

Black is a term we've made for the diaspora so yes.

Black is also a term used to describe black Americans without a true nationality which is how most people identify themselves. A moniker for a nameless people

:childplease:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The real answer is NO. They're closer to Mongoloid people genetically speaking and "black" really means "of recent black african-negroidal descent"

Australian Aboriginal people don't even look "black"

Melanesian people are the ones that look "black" though

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
They can call themselves black because that is the color of their skin, but they are a distinct, separate group from Africans. There is more to race/heritage than skin color. Thinking it's all about color is a very misguided and superficial way of classifiying people. Even looking at just the superficial, they have many traits that are distinct from Africans including their hair and facial features. They are black the same way that both Filipinos and Pakistanis are brown, and the same way Koreans and Europeans are white.

:dahell:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
It doesn’t feel antiback when I say that they are generally unattractive… that’s a good indicator for me