Internet Forums are the only place where I see Swizz Beatz being classified as a mediocre producer

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
:what: Till this day shyt still baffles me , prior to browsing on forums I would have thought Swizz would have well revered on here only to see the opposite , dude blessed us with a plethora of street classics and I DJ occasionally and every time I throw on a throwback swizz beat from the late 90s / early 00s I always receive the :wow: :whoo: :ohlawd: reaction ... So please explain to me why forums perception of Swizz beats is like stepping into the twilight zone :dwillhuh:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
61tHbhnLVqL.jpg

You ever heard this album?? He's no Kanye nor is he an Alchemist, Rza, or a Pete Rock because atleast they can make a solo album thats worth listening to.

DMGAINGREEN

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
61tHbhnLVqL.jpg

You ever heard this album?? He's no Kanye nor is he an Alchemist, Rza, or a Pete Rock because atleast they can make a solo album thats worth listening to.
Yeah and it had bangers , and couple misses , but Swizz was never an over cohesive producer like that nor a Top 5/10 but the way ya portray him on here is as if dude didn't create wild hood classics

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:what: Till this day shyt still baffles me , prior to browsing on forums I would have thought Swizz would have well revered on here only to see the opposite , dude blessed us with a plethora of street classics and I DJ occasionally and every time I throw on a throwback swizz beat from the late 90s / early 00s I always receive the :wow: :whoo: :ohlawd: reaction ... So please explain to me why forums perception of Swizz beats is like stepping into the twilight zone :dwillhuh:
Post 2008, any song he didn't make for himself has been trash.

DMGAINGREEN

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
looking over his catalog in retrospect.....alot of his shyt sounds good today, back then....not so much

he still has alot of terrible beats though....shyt like Memph Bleek Is and Money Cash Hoes is :trash::heh:
:what: Money Cash Hoes is a banger , I threw that shyt on at party not to long ago and niccas lost their minds

WTF is wrong with ya niccas :damn:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
His productions are just beats and not much musicality behind them.

If you put him up against The Neptunes, Timbaland, Dr. Dre and Kanye and one has to go. He'd be ousted by a landslide. He's not garbage but he's not very good plus his hits been on the strength of the performers not his production savvy.