Interview: Terrace Martin Explains Why Kendrick Lamar May Retire 'To Pimp A Butterfly'

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Didn't read but nah he won't retire just tryna get some attention and get people talking

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Love TM. Love Kendrick and the album....

But that album will retire when Interscope wants to retire it. Not when they want to retire it. If the label wanted him to do another video for it, he would. If the label told him he had to perform 'These Walls' next year on Jimmy Kimmel, he would. Let's not get caught up here in this so pure, so sacred, we do whatever we want while eating vegetables hippy bullshyt too much.
I'm surprised the album has as many videos as it does
Kendrick songs are TOO fukking dense.

I keep saying this. Dude has to switch his flow...like 80% of the lyrics are downright indecipherable in performances and probably only marginally better on the actual recordings.

He needs to become a better song writer so that he can translate just as much content with SLIGHTLY less fluff in his lyricism...its as if he's never been coached.

Its why Drake said he became a "better rapper" as he dumbed shyt down from SFG and Comeback Season...he was just TOO wordy.

And yeah, smaller venues might help, but his whole presentation is big on hype and the execution just isn't meeting the demands of the music...

Not to mention, it sounds like dude barely has a hand in his own songs
CS/SFG Drake was not that wordy. He's clearly dumbed down from that era but there's other MC'S I'd describe as wordy

And :heh: @ Kendrick not being involved in his albums

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I'm surprised the album has as many videos as it does

CS/SFG Drake was not that wordy. He's clearly dumbed down from that era but there's other MC'S I'd describe as wordy

And :heh: @ Kendrick not being involved in his albums

I was surprised they put out a video for 'These Walls' to be honest. Didn't think they were going to but the label is obviously enjoying the attention and money the album is generating.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick songs are TOO fukking dense.

I keep saying this. Dude has to switch his flow...like 80% of the lyrics are downright indecipherable in performances and probably only marginally better on the actual recordings.

He needs to become a better song writer so that he can translate just as much content with SLIGHTLY less fluff in his lyricism...its as if he's never been coached.

Its why Drake said he became a "better rapper" as he dumbed shyt down from SFG and Comeback Season...he was just TOO wordy.

And yeah, smaller venues might help, but his whole presentation is big on hype and the execution just isn't meeting the demands of the music...

Not to mention, it sounds like dude barely has a hand in his own songs
:dahell: