This nikka eyes-
92f6e3a10521f1edeae717bcbcd44295.png
:russ: Kiss my ass man:deadmanny:

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
I'll say this. He probably won't be a HOF'er under the current format but I feel like his skills are severly downplayed and under appreciated because people keep trying to place him in a box he doesn't fit in. Same thing is happening with Lamar and other QBs that aren't pure passers.

Cam will never be mistaken for a Drew Brees but his duel threat ability made him every bit the leader of an offense and the main threat for opposing defenses. With that said he was never as bad a passer as the media made him out to be. People harp on his completion percentage but the offensive scheme was designed for passing downfield. When Norv Turner came in and shortened the passing game Cam was well on his way to his best year before that hit by TJ Watt messed his shoulder up. So he WAS showing improvement as a passer before injuries started taking their toll, contrary to belief.

I also think he doesn't get credit for his influence on the game, particularly for black qbs. While he wasn't the first black qb he was really the first guy to usher in this current generation of passers. You gotta go back and remember the state of the black qb when Cam came in. Vick was really the only guy around, Mcnabb was on his last legs and anyone else was either a journeyman or backup. JaMarcus Russell was a huge bust as the #1 pick and folks were thinking (more like hoping) Cam would fall flat on his face as well. Then he came in and crushed the buildings with a combination of rushing and passing the NFL had never seen before. The very next year Kaepernick was given the reigns, Wilson and RG3 got drafted and offenses started designing schemes based off the athleticism of their QB.

Last week there were 9 starting black qbs which I believe set a record, with two more waiting in the wings. Whether folks admit it or not Cam's success was a big part of that coming to fruition. and if you talk to guys like Watson, Fields, Hurts etc. they all say how Cam helped paved the way for them to be QBs today. I feel like his influence on the game should count for something, the same way I argue for Vick

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Based on whose already in there, yes.

He pretty much broke all the Rookie QB records when he came in.

He's still the most successful dual threat QB and still maintains almost all the QB rushing records while still putting up respectable passing numbers.

If the game continues to trend in the direction of the Josh Allen's and Trey Lance's you almost have to give an ode to the original.

It's probably close, but he'll likely come up short due to injuries ending his career early.