Is Eminem the only MC with commercial success who battled n made a name in the battle circuit?

Is Eminem the only 1 who was really in the field?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Now you asking the right questions.

fukk no.
.these nikkaz never freestyle nowhere.
It is not even about the battle circuit.

It is whether they actually cypha off the dome.
anywhere other than their homebody house.

That IAis the question.
.y'all let nikkaz and white boys rap. Who never ripped nowhere.

That needs to stop.

Ol reverse rappers needs to stop.

Art Barr

Now that the AI music is the talk of the town I'm really thinking I only want to hear rap in person.

Otherwise I'll just bump nothing but old shyt pre-AI.

its total/recall the matrix manifesting.

they already have AI "models" with subscriptions.

Spooky digital times.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Eminem never mad a name for himself in the circuit. Outside of Detroit Eminem was a nobody when he was battling and you mention him but not Cassidy who was ready to go against a prime Jay(and only didn’t because Jay didn’t think he was a lil nikka and should battle Freeway instead) and battled 20+ years later some of the most popular battle rappers of the time(Dizaster, Arsonal, Hitman Holla, and Goodz).

Huh.

Eminem was a national drawing battle rapper since 1994.

I know so because my two best friends in college was beet friends with eminem dj. Plus the first artist the real jd, dilla.
Produced for that had a major label demo.
Not to mention I am the protege to juice.

What chu mean eminem did not do this or that outside Detroit. Not true at all.
Eminem was one of the biggest grassroots nationally syndicated artist. Just from wakeup show national syndicated freestyles.
Plus I was the person who wrote the grassroots review for alim shady ep on Daveyd.com. a long with the person who knew how big eminem would be as well

Text is tone deaf. So do not take this as beefing. Just wanted to clarify the facts about eminem.

As people seem to get lost.
in what occcured and believe what they want instead of the facts.

Art Barr

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Huh.

Eminem was a national drawing battle rapper since 1994.

I know so because my two best friends in college was eminem dj. Plus the first artist the real jd, dilla.
Produced for that had a major label demo.
Not to mention I am the protege to juice.

What chu mean eminem did not do this or that outside Detroit. Not true at all.
Eminem was one of the biggest grassroots nationally syndicated artist. Just from wakeup show national syndicated freestyles.
Plus I was the person who wrote the grassroots review for alim shady ep on Daveyd.com. a long with the person who knew how big eminem would be as well

Text is tone deaf. So do not take this as beefing. Just wanted to clarify the facts about eminem.

As people seem to get lost.
in what occcured and believe what they want instead of the facts.

Art Barr

He actually left his home town and went to the east coast and built his name off talent.

This era can't even fathom that.

They can't even fathom leaving your bed room "studio" and rapping outside.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He actually left his home town and went to the east coast and built his name off talent.

This era can't even fathom that.

They can't even fathom leaving your bed room "studio" and rapping outside.

Eminem is an outsider .
Which is why benzino is stoopid.
to ruin the source legacy for showcasing eminem in print to anl national audience. As the outsiders covered any past cultural issues with eminem to become an outsider. So eminem past became moot when he became culturally cosigned by a crew in hiphop culture. That is why benz8no is stoopid. As he ruined the legacy of the source on a fake witch hunt. When the source already did this due dilligence of eminem early on. When the source covered in passing eminem with the outsiders cypha in nyc.

Plus other instances. Thay is why benzino is stoopid.
As eminem already dealt with the outsiders as a crew to authenticate him culturally.

Art Barr

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Eminem is an outsider .
Which is why benzino is stoopid.
to ruin the source legacy for showcasing eminem in print to anl national audience. As the outsiders covered any past cultural issues with eminem to become an outsider. So eminem past became moot when he became culturally cosigned by a crew in hiphop culture. That is why benz8no is stoopid. As he ruined the legacy of the source on a fake witch hunt. When the source already did this due dilligence of eminem early on. When the source covered in passing eminem with the outsiders cypha in nyc.

Plus other instances. Thay is why benzino is stoopid.
As eminem already dealt with the outsiders as a crew to authenticate him culturally.

Art Barr

benzene was a gangster. end of story.

He actually participated in sabotaging real MCs records for not accepting his extortion.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
If Eminem never blew nobody would remember except for his friends and a couple of people at these events, if Cassidy was the same you’d have people remembering that I’ll ass nikka from Philly that was the hardest illest nikka who never made it. And that’s no disrespect to Eminem he paid his dues battle rap wise in Detroit but that’s it but you can say the same about Cassidy as they both was battling before the internet

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Slim Anus cus he has enough fans to do that already but he battled at Scribble Jam and Rap Olympics, he wasn't just battling in Detroit.

He battled Juice and Rhymefest who were already established battlers who had write ups in the Source. Otherwise and Project Blowed were well respect in the LA battle scene too.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Can't believe I'm sticking up for Slim Anus cus he has enough fans to do that already but he battled at Scribble Jam and Rap Olympics, he wasn't just battling in Detroit.

He battled Juice and Rhymefest who were already established battlers who had write ups in the Source. Otherwise and Project Blowed were well respect in the LA battle scene too.

Respect; I'm not the biggest Eminem fan myself. But you gotta give credit where its due.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
DMX used to constantly battle when he was coming up, and he never lost a battle

he even battled Jay Z and won

and DMX was definitely mainstream artist
Rest In Paradise

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Don't nobody give AF about that shyt... respectfully...

Everybody From that error is LONG GONE.

ask these young nyggas in Detroit if they care about some battling

:stopitslime:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Don't nobody give AF about that shyt... respectfully...

Everybody From that error is LONG GONE.

ask these young nyggas in Detroit if they care about some battling

:stopitslime:

1) the battle circuit is alive and well

2) detroit has always been a rap heavy city

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
1) the battle circuit is alive and well

2) detroit has always been a rap heavy city
Im not saying that, I’m saying the youth of Detroit Don’t care about NONE of that… Talented people have come out of Detroit and still are..

I’m just saying these young Detroit artists ain’t on none of that.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Im not saying that, I’m saying the youth of Detroit Don’t care about NONE of that… Talented people have come out of Detroit and still are..

I’m just saying these young Detroit artists ain’t on none of that.

Who's young from the city? the D probably is my favorite hip-hop movement RN. Team Eastside and DBC and em all gotta be over 30......

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
rappers used to battle outside outside. go hood to hood. it was not necessarily organized.

i guess you couldn't do that in trailer parks. doesn't give him an edge up. he just wasn't in an authentic hip hop atmosphere until he cross over to battle at the hip hop shop. other rappers could do that in the neighbourhood.

the type of rappers that came from the battle circuit then and now sucked and suck at actually making music. it's different skillsets. there's rare mc's who can bridge both but even in the case of Eminem himself he spent a ton of his career concentrating on bars over songs. the musicality suffers when you flex that one muscle too much.

Last edited: