Is Emoni Bates An All Time Bust?

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
A guy like him will only get minutes and stay on the court if his defense, hustle and activity earns him those minutes...because like other people in here have said...there will not be a lot of shots to go around for him

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
He’s in a tough spot. The Cavs already have a guy that puts up a ton of shots in Mitchell, Garland calls his own number a bunch at PG, they just gave Strus like 70 million dollars so they’re gonna play him… they also have Levert, Niang, Okoro…. Bates is gonna have to get used to coming off the bench and contributing with limited shots plus play NBA level defense.

They should probably stash him in the G League this year. I did like what I saw from him in terms of competing defensively in the SL

from cavs play against knicks they realized they need better spacing and shooters from the outside. They don't have a shooting 3 if i recall correctly

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
from cavs play against knicks they realized they need better spacing and shooters from the outside. They don't have a shooting 3 if i recall correctly
They kind of do in Levert, but he’s a liability on defense. Even then, they had no choice but to trot him out there for his offense. I think people forget how bad it was for Cleveland at the 3 last year to the point that the breh that SA most recently cut started 26 games for Cleveland last year because of their SF situation.

Posters are acting like Bates will need a lot of shots when that’s just not the case. All Cleveland needs is a 3 that will hit the shots when the opportunity is there and play decent defense.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They kind of do in Levert, but he’s a liability on defense. Even then, they had no choice but to trot him out there for his offense. I think people forget how bad it was for Cleveland at the 3 last year to the point that the breh that SA most recently cut started 26 games for Cleveland last year because of their SF situation.

Posters are acting like Bates will need a lot of shots when that’s just not the case. All Cleveland needs is a 3 that will hit the shots when the opportunity is there and play decent defense.

yes emoni bates who is on a two way contract will be starting for teh cavs next season and avg 20 and 5

thecoli dot com

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
yes emoni bates who is on a two way contract will be starting for teh cavs next season and avg 20 and 5

thecoli dot com
Where in my comment did I say he would starting for the Cavs next season or averaging 20 and 5? More than likely Max Strus is going to be the starter, but the minutes off the bench could potentially be there with how inconsistent Okoro and Levert are. Before anyone says anything Niang is a 4.

That team needs all the offense off the bench that it can get. You can tell who watched the Cavs last season and who only watched them in the playoffs.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Wow, he's been absolutely killing it in the G League so far too, hope this isn't a case of actually attacking fans or something.
If he attacked someone they're giving him waaay more than 2 games. Sounds like he was going back and forth verbally with some fans. Still - you can't have rabbit ears, gotta tune that shyt out