Is Emoni Bates An All Time Bust?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
all jokes aside, very disappointing.
I feel like this was years in the making. The people who saw it coming were called haters, especially if you're from the area or heard anything about his dad. That kid was fukked up years ago by the process his pops installed to eliminate consequences, bend rules, and cut corners for his son. And I got a bad feeling this shyt is gonna be the story of a lot of black American ballers in the future. Just burning out before you even learn how to truly play basketball because the systems in place (AAU, fake schools, celeb private trainers, etc) do not value teaching or learning the game.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Y’all give up on young dudes way too quick, and really this ain’t about emoni but damn near all the young Americans in the league

No most players don’t come to the league pro ready like Luka or leborn but with some time you going to have several dudes making a run for the top player of the nba, patience is key

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like this was years in the making. The people who saw it coming were called haters, especially if you're from the area or heard anything about his dad. That kid was fukked up years ago by the process his pops installed to eliminate consequences, bend rules, and cut corners for his son. And I got a bad feeling this shyt is gonna be the story of a lot of black American ballers in the future. Just burning out before you even learn how to truly play basketball because the systems in place (AAU, fake schools, celeb private trainers, etc) do not value teaching or learning the game.
There were posters on here calling me a hater when I mentioned a lot of what you said. When I was able to see raw footage (not highlights) of him from 9th and 10th grade and it was him just shooting over kids a foot shorter than him, I knew he had a long way to go.

He never played defense, was a terrible passer, and couldn’t attack the basket.

And there were still posters on here saying he was gonna be better than Chet Holmgren after they matched up on ESPN :francis:

His dad telling Sports Illustrated that he’s gonna start working on lefty 3-pointers was the nail in the coffin for me. His father was way too far gone to keep his son’s head on straight.

This should be required reading for everyone trying to raise an athlete to see how you can go from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
There were posters on here calling me a hater when I mentioned a lot of what you said. When I was able to see raw footage (not highlights) of him from 9th and 10th grade and it was him just shooting over kids a foot shorter than him, I knew he had a long way to go.

He never played defense, was a terrible passer, and couldn’t attack the basket.

And there were still posters on here saying he was gonna be better than Chet Holmgren after they matched up on ESPN :francis:

His dad telling Sports Illustrated that he’s gonna start working on lefty 3-pointers was the nail in the coffin for me. His father was way too far gone to keep his son’s head on straight.

This should be required reading for everyone trying to raise an athlete to see how you can go from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley

Emoni's only real issue that began all this. Was reclassing to leave high school early.
When the last kid who was just number one did similar moves. To upset his entire high school career as an athlete and student. Where the last number one player did not make the league. Simply from not having a full high school career athletically.

Do not reclassify your child to move ahead in high school. That was what hurt emoni bates the most.

As real talk. In ncaa division one,..if you are nOt a real freshman. You are going to generally have the same results. emoni did at Memphis with penny.
Where physiologically said child is not prepared for the next level underage.

Trying to alter this fact.
or defy this fact. Is the main original factor.
as to why emoni bates will probably be stuck in the g league for his entire career more than likely.

Especially after Mac can not even get on a real roster and Mac did everything you supposed to do.
to be a nba player from the g league.

So reclassifying emoni has created that g league bound for ever dynamic. That if Mac McClung can not beat it. I do not see anyone beating it systemically ever.
Reclassified emoni is why this is such a disaster.
that looking at it from the results of McClung. It seems there will be no upside.

Art Barr

Last edited: