Is homosexuality a genetic defect?

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Is it just me or can you tell that some people are going to be gay from the time they are children?

You know the little boy who likes to wear pink and jump rope and play with dolls.

Or the little tomboy girl who hangs with the boys and doesn't like to do girlie things.

I'm starting to believe that it's not a choice for all people, that some people can't help who they are. What's your take on this?

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
tumblr_lqz9x5ZarV1qcsy1q.gif

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I think this is the wrong site to hold such a discussion. People will just say, "lol fukk dose fagz man" all while wearing skinny jeans and listening to 2Chainz or some bullshyt.

I'm no scientist but maybe it is possible for someone to have a genetic predisposition to maybe becoming gay. But their environment and upbringing plays a bigger part.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
It's definitely the result of something in the body or mind being "off" from the get-go.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
what about the nikkas in prison? :shaq:

I mean there's people out there that wanted to be gay and took the chance when the opportunity was presence (eg. Fleece Johnson)

But I'm talkin about the ones who were gay since they were kids. Kids don't even understand sexuality, yet some of these boys were exhibiting female traits at the age of 4.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Maybe, the young kids that be acting feminine usually turnout gay

Is it because everyone tells him that he's gay so he actually starts believing it or he just hangs with and was raised by so many woman that what hears and sees them do rubs off on him subconsciously?

This topic is too deep for the coli though.

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
I just find it hard to believe that by choice a male can be attracted to another greasy ass man rather than a big booty female....u must be born with that defect

Hell idk

Daps
Is it because everyone tells him that he's gay so he actually starts believing it or he just hangs with and was raised by so many woman that what hears and sees them do rubs off on him subconsciously?

This topic is too deep for the coli though.

What about the ones that get raised by a strict as fukk dad that be doing everything with the :birdman:? Does that push them into the complete opposite direction and they rebel or were they just like that?

Justice

pathogen
Daps
It's important to recognize that there's a difference between gender, sex and sexuality. Gender is defined by society, i.e. a little boy who doesn't want to play with "masculine" toys and likes the color pink or a little girl who doesn't want to play with "feminine" toys and likes the color blue. Society decides what "feminine" and "masculine" roles are so a little boy who acts "feminine" isn't necessarily gay just because he would rather be around girls who he has more interests in common with than other boys who don't share those interests. Socialization plays a big role in this and some people aren't going to fit into traditional gender roles perfectly for one reason or another. Your sexuality has a lot more to do with who you are sexually attracted to than how you act.

Homosexuality might be genetic, but sexuality is more complex than most people think so even if it was confirmed to have a genetic component to it, I don't think it would actually matter. A lot of people confuse bisexuality or a stronger sexual preference for one sex over the other for 100% homosexuality or 100% heterosexuality due to the social stigmas associated with homosexuality. Social stigma and societal values play a huge role in how people view human sexuality. Look up the Kinsey Scale for more information on studies on people's sexuality.

This is a pretty interesting topic but it's very taboo so it's difficult to get good insights on the topic.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What about the ones that get raised by a strict as fukk dad that be doing everything with the :birdman:? Does that push them into the complete opposite direction and they rebel or were they just like that?

Oh believe, we wont ever get cats here to take stake in this and say "It is due to the combination of various factors that I have contributed to the upbringing of my seed that he is or 'chose' to be homosexual". That'd be like them saying they did it or saying that they are a bad father. Yet I dont expect a lot of people to discuss the possibility due to genetics and differences in the brain of homosexuals vs non homosexuals. Either way this should be interesting :popcorn: unless it just turns into a gay bash fest.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's important to recognize that there's a difference between gender, sex and sexuality. Gender is defined by society, i.e. a little boy who doesn't want to play with "masculine" toys and likes the color pink or a little girl who doesn't want to play with "feminine" toys and likes the color blue. Society decides what "feminine" and "masculine" roles are so a little boy who acts "feminine" isn't necessarily gay just because he would rather be around girls who he has more interests in common with than other boys who don't share those interests. Socialization plays a big role in this and some people aren't going to fit into traditional gender roles perfectly for one reason or another. Your sexuality has a lot more to do with who you are sexually attracted to than how you act.

Homosexuality might be genetic, but sexuality is more complex than most people think so even if it was confirmed to have a genetic component to it, I don't think it would actually matter. A lot of people confuse bisexuality or a stronger sexual preference for one sex over the other for 100% homosexuality or 100% heterosexuality due to the social stigmas associated with homosexuality. Social stigma and societal values play a huge role in how people view human sexuality. Look up the Kinsey Scale for more information on studies on people's sexuality.

This is a pretty interesting topic but it's very taboo so it's difficult to get good insights on the topic.

Reads like a human growth and development or a sociology book.