Is it a bad idea to always think positive when bad shyt is happening around you?

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I’m always known to stay positive and only think that good days are coming but yet shyt always happen in my life:francis::francis: like theirs always a new challenge I have to overcome:hhh::hhh::hhh: it’s tireing at times....everyday I continue to have thoughts my time will come blah blah:yeshrug::yeshrug: am I being naive/ putting up false hope in the universe:francis::francis::francis: or am I on the right path:francis:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Your perspective is all in your perception, life is a roller coaster of ups and down, you never get too high you never get too low, doesn’t mean if you think positive shyt will change but you will be more in a mind frame to change what’s going on around you

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chappelle has a good take on this.

Sometimes you’re in a funk and it’s ok to accept that. Trying to go against your feelings is dumb, but you shouldn’t allow your emotions to dictate your actions.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Positive thinking is not meant for you to be naïve, it's staying positive while you are seeking/executing solutions.

If there's weeds growing in your yard, you don't practice positive thinking by lying to yourself and telling yourself that there are no weeds.

You acknowledge the weeds, then stay positive while you are pulling the weeds out of the ground in order to make your yard look beautiful again :wow:

Last edited:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Positive thinking is not meant for you to be naïve, it's staying positive while you are seeking/executing solutions.

If there's weeds growing in your yard, you don't stay positive by lying to yourself and saying there are no weeds.

You acknowledge the weeds and stay positive while you are pulling the weeds out of the ground in order to make your yard look beautiful again :wow:
:salute::salute:Thanks man I needed that

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Im depressed and all i do is visualize and fantasize about a better life. Doesn't help one bit.