Is it better to buy individual stocks or invest in your company 401k?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

And this is why 70% of Americans have zero cash to cover an emergency.

I could survive 12 months without touching my 401k, investments or severance due to my emergency that sits in a HYS account.

That peace of mind is priceless.

:mjlol: classic stupid post

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do

There’s no guarantee that any investment will appreciate in value. Also investments aren’t liquid.

So.. In the last 10 years.. Out of every stock i owned.. I lost money 0 times... Investments are liquid because i can get the money the same day if needed so wtf are talking about?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: classic stupid post
Not really. I know I could be investing but it's all about peace of mind.

Plus half of my emergency savings will be converted to my down payment for my house so I will have 6 months expenses for when I move into my house :umad:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really. I know I could be investing but it's all about peace of mind.

Plus half of my emergency savings will be converted to my down payment for my house so I will have 6 months expenses for when I move into my house :umad:

:snoop: he keeps saying stupid shyt:mjlol:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So.. In the last 10 years.. Out of every stock i owned.. I lost money 0 times... Investments are liquid because i can get the money the same day if needed so wtf are talking about?
You can’t get the money same day

if you want to make a debate on how much emergency fund in cash is necessary that’s fine but to claim you shouldn’t have any cash saved is silly

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can’t get the money same day

if you want to make a debate on how much emergency fund in cash is necessary that’s fine but to claim you shouldn’t have any cash saved is silly

Yes, the fukk you can. Stop using robinhood

Daps
I have hundreds of thousands in all my accounts. I learned that the lower tax bracket shyt is :mjlol:.. fukk a 401k... Put whatever the company matches and invest the rest on your own. If you can't pick your own stocks use Vanguard us growth or fidelity blue chip growth and watch your money pile up..

Emergency funds are for retards who listen to Dave Ramsey..If you put your money to work when a emergency comes it won't even feel like you're spending money because it came from growth..
That’s great my guy. If you really have all the money you say you have you don’t really need an emergency fund. I’m guessing this guy doesn’t have 100s of thousands in multiple accounts, so your advice regarding emergency funds isn’t helpful. What happens when he has $3000 in TSLA and no emergency and ends up with a 1k bill? Should he then sell his stock? Even if it’s just $500-$1k, he should have something saved. The market isn’t going anywhere. He doesn’t have to rush to get there.

You’re giving advice from a point of view of someone with accessible and liquid capital and based on the assumption the he will definitely see growth... and enough growth to cover his emergencies. That’s not guaranteed. Its better to be safe than sorry. 1k in a saving account isn’t going to cost him that much in the long run.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The money you have in your emergency savings is probably what i make per month with stocks :myman:
I make money with stocks, 401k, Roth IRA as well :myman:

And I got bands in the bank :myman:

But the average person needs an emergency fund and if you look at this pandemic and the past year that's one of the biggest lessons a lot of people learned

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You don't need an emergency fund. Put that into investments and if you need it just withdraw the money. 401k ain't that important. Match whatever your company allows and not a dollar more or less. You'll invest better than the limited mutual funds your company offers.
Breh, it takes multiple days for market orders to clear before you can transfer the funds or withdrawal. You can argue about the size of an emergency fund, but it's short sighted to say that it's stupid to have one.