Is it better to buy individual stocks or invest in your company 401k?

Daps
No it shouldn't. I have that option too.

I opted out.

He can change it if he wants...most people are just dumb and don't read the fine print.

That’s not something that should be buried in the fine print. And it’s your money, no one should be automatically changing your elections unless you opt-in

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, it takes multiple days for market orders to clear before you can transfer the funds or withdrawal. You can argue about the size of an emergency fund, but it's short sighted to say that it's stupid to have one.

:snoop: my god you guys are stupid.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No the fukk you can’t and this has nothing to do with the broker
Yes it does because i used multiple brokers.. When i transfer on fidelity i get the money the next day.. When I used robinhood shyt took like a week..

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:snoop: my god you guys are stupid.
Breh, I get FAANG stock options for work and sell them immediately. But unless I bank with Fidelity, it takes 3 DAYS to actually transfer them by ETF. You're talking about sales that have already settled.

When you put in a market order, there is a required 3 day settlement period.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yea, so they shouldn’t be making it for you. :dahell:

With your logic, they could just set it to the max when you get hired unless you opt out
They do not make the choice for you I guarantee if he goes in today and changes his 401k deduction there's going to be an option to stop it from going up 1% every year.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I get FAANG stock options for work and sell them immediately. But unless I bank with Fidelity, it takes 3 DAYS to actually transfer them by ETF. You're talking about sales that have already settled.

When you put in a market order, there is a required 3 day settlement period.

This is only if you actually have a fidelity debit card. If you don't bank with them you have to wait but the card is free so why not

Daps
They do not make the choice for you I guarantee if he goes in today and changes his 401k deduction there's going to be an option to stop it from going up 1% every year.

They do make the choice for you. Just cuz you can change it doesn’t mean they didn’t make the choice for you in the first place.

My job did that, a lot of jobs do. I simply went to Trowe.com and changed it back. He can too

I understand you can change the election, they shouldn’t be making that election for you in the first place.

It’s an opt-in vs opt-out issue.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
They do make the choice for you. Just cuz you can change it doesn’t mean they didn’t make the choice for you in the first place.

I understand you can change the election, they shouldn’t be making that election for you in the first place.

It’s an opt-in vs opt-out issue.
Okay makes sense. My bad.

I'm just reading too fast and I was driving.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
both most only offer 6% match anyway.

BTW you can still do individual stocks if the 401k is with fidelity I do it myself.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is only if you actually have a fidelity debit card. If you don't bank with them you have to wait but the card is free so why not
This nikka is calling everybody a dumbass and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

You don't have to do an EFT if you have a Fidelity debit card. But still those are only useable AFTER the 3 day settlement period. Sell a share right now and try to withdraw that cash. You can't.

That's why it's important to have an emergency fund. If your car gets towed and the tow lot doesn't take credit or you don't have a credit card. What are you going to do?

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This nikka is calling everybody a dumbass and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

You don't have to ETF if you have a Fidelity debit card. But still those are only useable AFTER the 3 day settlement period. Sell a share right now and try to withdraw that cash. You can't.

That's why it's important to have an emergency fund.
Agreed.

People are really making me feel like I'm crazy bro just because I feel like most people should have an emergency fund...even if it is just three months expenses or even $1,000 for a car repair but I'm the person of my family whenever people need money they always call and ask me for help and I try to encourage them all to save up at least $1,000 but they never listen.

Phone bills car repairs rent I hope my family with everything they need whenever I can do it but none of them listen when I say save up an emergency fund so you don't have to ask me:hubie:

Not everyone can afford to invest in stocks. shyt....this website just started talking about stocks a month ago during the GameSpot rally lol

But again...I'm wrong for suggesting people should have an adequate savings account.