Is it c00nish to not like Martin? :lupe:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I walked into the break room at my job earlier today and it's a bunch of Mexicans(some guys and a couple of girls) watching and laughing at Martin(It was the Tooth shall set you free episode). This dreaded up black hipster with skinny jeans and asics who looks like he enjoys breaking various body parts doing skateboard tricks at the mall goes into a rant about how the show tried too hard to be funny. The Mexicans looked at him, all of them with smiles on their faces, then turned their attention back to the TV laughing again like he didn't say anything at all :pachaha:

I'm not in the habit of calling people c00ns and I understand opinions and all that, but it had me :patrice:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
One of my favorite black scholars i read wrote a book about sell outs and c00ns. At the time of the book release in the 90's he labelled martin as a c00n because he would go on national tv and say things like "yo momma so black...." or talk about pam's "bb's" and wear dresses and portray a mammy. So i typed all this to say, it's all about perception. I like martin but if someone doesn't that doesn't make them a c00n.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Yes.

Although someone made a thread on here breaking down how Martin's show was c00nish. I was like :ohhh: but still ain't tryna hear that shyt :lawd:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
The thing with Martin though is that it never really tried to cater to a non-black audience. The same jokes and type of humor on there was the type of humor in our community. Fox just did what no other station was doing and capitalized on entertainment that we enjoyed.

That block of Martin ,NY undercover, In Living Color and Living single was powerful television.

:whew: