Is It c00nish To Say You've "Grown Out Of" Rap Music?

is it c00nish to say you've grown out of rap music?

• yes, straight c00n status

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • no, that's dumb

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • no, being forced to like rap just because you're black is c00nish

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
To be fair, if you're in your 30's still checking for the latest drops / mixtapes, you're probably in the rap industry or a loser.
Your musical tastes should have evolved from what they were when you were 16.

breh :what::what:

so if i am 30 years old and lets say Elzhi drops a album and i decide to check out, i'm a loser for that :what::what:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Not c00nish at all.

I remember back in the day, even gangsta rappers would drop a positive song. Nowadays, it's 100% drugs, get fast money, fukk hoes, and kill other blacks
That's why Death Certification is my GOAT album. Cube had that death side that had that street shyt, and the life side where he was dropping knowledge.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
I been done since I say Game's second album.... it's been old reggae, r&b and I would say rap music from the 80s, 90s and very few till 2007 to 08

I never heard a drake album or any of these new rappers songs... all sound like autotune trash...

If I end up hearing a rap song of today it would be when the credits are rolling at the end of Power episodes

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
idk breh cause some Hip Hop like Elzhi, Tribe, Kanye West, Little Brother, Outkast doesn't really promote violence :patrice::patrice:
well i meant mainstream rap. but it seems like the wave in most mainstream rap now is heavy drug use, not really violence as much. Atleast where im at (Atlanta) damn near all of the music has references to lean, promethezine, codeine, adderall, and just glorifying being a junkie in general.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
breh :what::what:

so if i am 30 years old and lets say Elzhi drops a album and i decide to check out, i'm a loser for that :what::what:

If you were already a fan of Elzhi prior to your 30th birthday, then it's fine.

And there's always gonna be those few albums that transcend genres.

And hip hop is still fine, if you can find it.

But yea, actively keeping up with rappers (in general) after a certain point is weird.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
well i meant mainstream rap. but it seems like the wave in most mainstream rap now is heavy drug use, not really violence as much. Atleast where im at (Atlanta) damn near all of the music has references to lean, promethezine, codeine, adderall, and just glorifying being a junkie in general.

oh yeah mainstream rap is some bullshyt. i try to look to the underground rap scene to find good shyt whether it's by rap legends or new artists. :yeshrug::yeshrug:

and these dumb nikkas doing all them damn drugs, basically killing themselves. lean destroys your stomach lining, xans make you lose brain cells or some shyt, etc. i fukking hate that mainstream rappers really influenced a generation to be drug addicts and shyt.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
If you were already a fan of Elzhi prior to your 30th birthday, then it's fine.

And there's always gonna be those few albums that transcend genres.

And hip hop is still fine, if you can find it.

But yea, actively keeping up with rappers (in general) after a certain point is weird.

i'll check out a cat if he can spit but i won't bump what my children will be bumping at all. these nikkas will be bumping some nikka name Lil BootyTyme or some shyt smh.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
To be fair, if you're in your 30's still checking for the latest drops / mixtapes, you're probably in the rap industry or a loser.
Your musical tastes should have evolved from what they were when you were 16.
Bullshyt, It has nothing to do with age. There's rap and then there's dumb rap, and dumb rap had sadly taken over.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im kinda conflicted. i clearly see how destructive rap is to the youth, but at the same time i still mess with some of the new shyt. i put yung thug on tidal and just let it rock in the whip and each song had me :leon:... i dont mess w the skinny jeans borderline homo rapper shyt, but dude is lowkey talented af.

ill never stop listening to rap,but i do take long breaks where i listen to nothing but old school rnb/soul music. hearing the same negative messages repeatedly does something to your energy.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I'm 23 and I've grown past most rap, if you look at my Spotify playlists there's a lot of Smooth Jazz, 90's R&B, and 70's soul I've been listening to lately :ehh:

Can only imagine by 30 I won't be listening to this shyt at all

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
I swear I don't fukks with anything past 2008 :patrice: these new clowns are just too embarrassing.

I simply can't relate to this shyt no more :francis:
You haven't grown out of rap music, you just don't like current rap..growing out means you don't listen to rap at all, past or present..music is tied to memories so that rarely happens...

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I'm 23 and I've grown past most rap, if you look at my Spotify playlists there's a lot of Smooth Jazz, 90's R&B, and 70's soul I've been listening to lately :ehh:

Can only imagine by 30 I won't be listening to this shyt at all
ive been getting into this more and more lately myself. I love the mature adult vibe it puts out:banderas: