Is It c00nish To Say You've "Grown Out Of" Rap Music?

is it c00nish to say you've grown out of rap music?

• yes, straight c00n status

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • no, that's dumb

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • no, being forced to like rap just because you're black is c00nish

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I can't fukk with the new weirdo rappers.

Yachty and those types is trash as fukk.

Dye your hair and dress weird but make the same autotune singing shyt as the next man and be called "different" brehs

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
What artists are u listening to from electronic music?

right now its mainly DJ Rashad and other juke djs. that shyt is sooooooo fukkin mindblowing to me.
and also daft punk, justice, kaytranada got a nice lil album.
im barely getting my feet wet on this genre tho, just got put on to planet mu - shyt is next level.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Nah, you will find as you get older your taste buds will change. In all aspects whether it's music, clothes, food, movies, women, career goals, etc.

That's why I like when a dude like Kanye experiments and does something like 808s and Yeezus, he gets inspiration from all types of music. Hell you could tell that on all of his albums.

You can't stay in the same box all your life, branch out there's a lot of good stuff out there. Nothing c00nish about expanding your horizons.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope, if you simply don't enjoy it anymore, stop fukking with it

Just listen to other genres or the type of rap you like to listen to

Exactly. As folks get older they grow out of a lot of shyt.

I know old kats who say nahh I don't fukk with these new video games cause they not as good as the ones in the 2000s and before. Or older kats who don't fukk with movies cause they don't feel they are as good as the past. Same with TV shows, sports and music. I know a few older kats who don't fukk with non of that new shyt.

Hell got an uncle who is 60. Dude use to be big on video games.....had all the Madden's until 2012. Then he stopped playing that shyt cause he felt that EA sports been recycling shyt and the games aren't as good as they were back in the day. He says to this day that the quantity and quality of the games aren't like they once were and I totally agree with him.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps

im kinda conflicted. i clearly see how destructive rap is to the youth, but at the same time i still mess with some of the new shyt. i put yung thug on tidal and just let it rock in the whip and each song had me :leon:... i dont mess w the skinny jeans borderline homo rapper shyt, but dude is lowkey talented af.

:dead:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm old school to the core but I do like a few new rappers. But trust me if you aren't up on Classic Jazz you are missing out on life that's what's hot to me right now.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't listen to music by toms or ignorance for the sake of itself in general most of the time so :manny:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
It's not c00nish to change your taste in music over time. However, it might be c00nish if you scrutinize rap but say Eminem is one of your favorite artists. :mjpls:

I'm so glad we don't have any people here who think like that.
UgDlQXK.png

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Your best bet in life is to not follow any rules, be your own boss. If people hate thats bcus of their own insecurities that they need to deal with

Im sick of rappers promoting drugs that will lead to heart failures and early deaths. Ive seen the way the music talks to these kids basically, its sad

Im done with new music. I decided a month ago to keep it old school for the most part. Rap was much less negative in the golden era and prior to that