Is It Possible For Everybody To Have A Job?

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
In economics terms, no. Full employment = ~6% unemployment in the U.S. Could be different now, that number was pre-Great Recession.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrible example.

In indigenous societies, your "employment" is survival. I wouldn't call that employment at all. That's something else entirely.

an your employment isnt?

you go to work, to keep a Roof over your head. if not you can freeze to death out there.

you go to work, to put food on the table. if not you can die of starvation.

if not one went to work, there would be no federal tax dollars to give to those who are less fortunate.. so dont use that and say "but but if i was homeless i could go to a soup kitchen and get me a bed for the night at a shelter."

nothing has changed. most of us still work for the purpose of survival.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Impossible, if everyone has a job what happens to the people working at the unemployment office :ohhh:

they will no longer be called "unemployment office" change that name to "transitional employment development center" meaning you lose one job and you are trained and paid to transition to another job/position. so you're always working.

Superstar
Daps
actually no its not a terrible example...

in china is there employment? what happens if you dont work?

an your employment isnt?

you go to work, to keep a Roof over your head. if not you can freeze to death out there.

you go to work, to put food on the table. if not you can die of starvation.

if not one went to work, there would be no federal tax dollars to give to those who are less fortunate.. so dont use that and say "but but if i was homeless i could go to a soup kitchen and get me a bed for the night at a shelter."

nothing has changed. most of us still work for the purpose of survival.

Still missing the point.

Employment is a contract between employer and employee. You, as employee, contribute labor and knowledge to an undertaking of your employer. You perform specific duties which are part of a JOB.

That's not the same as growing your own food to live and hunting a buffalo. You are not "employed" by anyone to do that. You just have to do it.