Is It Possible For Everybody To Have A Job?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Still missing the point.

Employment is a contract between employer and employee. You, as employee, contribute labor and knowledge to an undertaking of your employer. You perform specific duties which are part of a JOB.

That's not the same as growing your own food to live and hunting a buffalo. You are not "employed" by anyone to do that. You just have to do it.

not true again. employment is only a contract in a place with contract laws and employee relations. also, in indigenous communities, there were people who built monuments, people who were teachers, hunters, gatherers, farmers, different jobs... so sorry buddy.

Superstar
Daps
not true again. employment is only a contract in a place with contract laws and employee relations. also, in indigenous communities, there were people who built monuments, people who were teachers, hunters, gatherers, farmers, different jobs... so sorry buddy.

Think what you want, but that's the definition of employment.

Hunting, gathering, etc. is a different matter entirely.

I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know the definition of what he's talking about.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know the definition of what he's talking about.
people in egalitarian tribes don't do those things for money. They do it because they want to and HAVE to, to survive. shyt isn't a job at all.. it's called being Human

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Yes, it is possible that everyone can be employed but it is not beneficial for the economy. Full employment means that everyone has a job but it does not translate into an efficient economy since it is important that everyone has a job that matches their skill sets. Mcdonalds can lower their wages or get subsidies to employ the 9-10% (I believe) of the unemployed people but it wouldn't benefit the country as a whole since people are not fully utilizing their capabilities.

a low amount of unemployment is good and actually indicates that people are still optimistic about finding the job that best fits them.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation

no. hunting , gathering things of those nature are jobs. your not going to argue with someone who knows more than you, because you don't want to risk being embarrased any further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Transformation_(book)

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Superstar
Daps
no. hunting , gathering things of those nature are jobs. your not going to argue with someone who knows more than you, because you don't want to risk being embarrased any further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Transformation_(book)

I've already won the argument.

You don't know what the definition of employment is. That's why you've fallen back on just using the word "job" in the colloquial sense.

Being contracted, orally or otherwise, to perform a specific, regular duty in the form of a job by an EMPLOYER is being EMPLOYED.

Nobody "employs" a hunter-gatherer, therefore he cannot by definition be "employed." The fact that he associates with people in a tribal band (likely based on a common ancestor) and trades with them does not mean he is "employed" to do so.

Just because everyone in a tribe had stuff to do, doesn't mean the concept of "employment" is applicable.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its been said that about 3% of the population will refuse to work no matter WHAT

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I've already won the argument.

You don't know what the definition of employment is. That's why you've fallen back on just using the word "job" in the colloquial sense.

Being contracted, orally or otherwise, to perform a specific, regular duty in the form of a job by an EMPLOYER is being EMPLOYED.

Nobody "employs" a hunter-gatherer, therefore he cannot by definition be "employed." The fact that he associates with people in a tribal band (likely based on a common ancestor) and trades with them does not mean he is "employed" to do so.

Just because everyone in a tribe had stuff to do, doesn't mean the concept of "employment" is applicable.

no i didnt go back to the colloquial sense... and you changed the subject... read the fukking thread title you moron... read it again... then read it trey times... and then read my fukking answer... jesus chris
@BarNone you rubbed off on me :pachaha:

Last edited by a moderator: