Is it time to call Ben Simmons a bust? Poll Added

Is he a bust?

• Total voters

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He ain’t worth the hype he received, but hard to call him a bust when he’s won ROY, is a 2x all star, and made all defense 2x in 4 seasons.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I've always said he should just have a "fukk it" game and just launch 20 of em from outside just so nobody begs him to shoot anymore.

I don't even think it's laziness or some unwillingness to work on it. He shoots with the wrong hand and he got a huge mental block. If Philly can't work around that anymore, that's fine, but I don't think they can exchange defense for more offense without turning into the Embiid version of the Trail Blazers.

What are they now :mjlol:

2018: Lost in the ECSF
2019: Lost in the ECSF
2020: Swept in the EC 1st round
2021: down 3-2 in the ECSF

You keep doing the same thing and expecting different results

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They're not a team built to engage in offensive shootouts, not just because of Ben, but also because the rest of the the team shrinks in big moments.

Maxey: played 1 minute (that's on doc)
MIlton: 1-5
Korkmaz: 2-7
Hill: 1-5

Tobias Harris (the highest paid player on the team): 2-11.

They have a bigger issue of not getting it done in big spots. They guys who usually aren't offensive liabilities on that team become such. That hurts them more.
You can't compare role players to a guy on max contract with multiple All-Star game appearances.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
What are they now :mjlol:

2018: Lost in the ECSF
2019: Lost in the ECSF
2020: Swept in the EC 1st round
2021: down 3-2 in the ECSF

You keep doing the same thing and expecting different results
They may have hit their ceiling.

You can't compare role players to a guy on max contract with multiple All-Star game appearances.

I'm comparing a guy on a max deal to a guy on a max deal. If you're paying somebody that much money to not put much on their plate in terms of expectations, isn't that really irresponsible?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always said he should just have a "fukk it" game and just launch 20 of em from outside just so nobody begs him to shoot anymore.

I don't even think it's laziness or some unwillingness to work on it. He shoots with the wrong hand and he got a huge mental block. If Philly can't work around that anymore, that's fine, but I don't think they can exchange defense for more offense without turning into the Embiid version of the Trail Blazers.
The fact they’re expected to “work around it” is the sad part .

How about being a professional & actually improving when you’re clearly hurting the team

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
No. Ben with a halfway decent offensive game = top 3 player in the sport. Without it doesn't = bust. It makes it harder to build around him yeah, but it is crazy that y'all would trade everything he's good at for a jumper.
You still going with this :mjlol:

Daps
A point guard getting hacked and taken out of the game because he can’t shoot fts :heh:
Don’t nobody want that nikka breh :mjlol:

the crowd was going wild when he made those two fts like he was a fukking child. This nikka is a pro bball player :heh:
:dead: