Is Learning How To Play The Piano Difficult?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I need to find an outlet to voice my pain no troll and the piano seems like a good outlet. However,for anyone that plays the piano how hard is it to get the keys downpacked? I'd at least want to learn how to play one instrument.

Plus, I may take piano lessons when I come across a good piano teacher in my area.

I'd love these two songs here downpacked.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Mentally for me it was... Like you have to train yourself how to play, learning the bass and treble sides and getting the fingers to adjust but I never finished past beginner. classes I was paying for was expensive. :francis:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Mentally for me it was... Like you have to train yourself how to play, learning the bass and treble sides and getting the fingers to adjust but I never finished past beginner. classes I was paying for was expensive. :francis:
Also, I guess that you have to be committed to learn. For me, I think I'd be committed because the piano seems intriguing to play.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Its not difficult but its going to be YEARS before its an "outlet for your pain".

Unless your already have a music background.

Master basic reading of music and playing with both hands then look up the Hanon excercises. When u can play all excercises in that book in multiple keys your ready to play literally anything written for piano.

Edit:
It will also be your cheat code for guaranteeing your able to smash.

Something i used to do after getting a chicks number is call, talk about 10 minutes, then put the phone on speaker and start playing piano.
- She WILL ask if thats you playing
- She WILL want to come over (if not later than day then that week)
- You WILL have the opportunity to smash

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It will never difficult at first when you realize it's gonna take practice and coordination to produce shyt that sounds somewhat like music and that's where all of people quit, especially if they ain't got a teacher or being forced to go to a tutor.

You might want to get a cheap acoustic guitar and try and make that your musical outlet lest you want to risk buying a keyboard and having it catch dust if you don't stick with it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
0-3-7
0-4-7

Remember those numbers

0 is the root note then count up the keys...
Ex. A=0 ..
A#= 1...
B=2...
C=3...
C#=4
D=5..
D# = 6...
.E=7

A..C..E =Aminor triad or chord

B to C...there is no such thing as B # sharp

E to F ...there is no such thing as E# sharp.

0-3-7 will be a minor chord...and 0 4 7 is a major chord.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I learned when I was young from a church choir director, nowadays you can just youtube lessons and be playing simple stuff in a matter of days.

Guitar was little harder, Rocksmith pc software helped out hugely.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Look up the app SImply PIano. I've used that and also I've been going through this series of books which everyone seems to recommend as some of the best books to use as an adult
ABAPC-Adult-All-in-One-Course.jpg

It's not that hard, for me. I can already read music pretty well as long as it's not too crazy. My girl got me the following keyboard for Christmas, and I recommend it, if you can afford it. There are cheaper options. Just try to get one with 88 keys and also weighted keys.