Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's obvious.

It's not even just about having the potential power, which a couple of guys before LeBron may POSSIBLY have had (Jordan, obviously, first comes to mind), it's the fact that LeBron is willing to LEVERAGE his power... which is really the only thing a lot of media members hate him for. He's not willing to just lay around and let his fate be determined by other people, when he can take control of a huge part of the situation. People hate when Black people actually UTILIZE their power, especially within white dominated infrastructures.

not just active but ever breh... :whew:

You're right but damn breh. :whoa:

Not just an athlete :wow:

Role model for the youth :wow:

These servers need a Bron stimulus package :beli:

active yea

I mean the answer to your question is yes, but the dikkriding... sheesh:picard:

Yes no doubt

I mean like..wow. That was a hell of an argument. I guess I would agree then :manny:

:ehh:....not a lebron fan...but OP makes a good case...can't argue with that

You left out Klutch Sports and Rich Paul out here holding teams hostage.

I'm on the record for being a hater on some aspects of his game etc, but business-wise and power-wise there's no denying his standing :hubie:

OP you even could've added his charity work, doesn't he have a program for kids in school/college or something

yes, he is

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Pippen would've been traded for Tmac if not for MJ

I think it would have been Pippen for McGrady AND Ron Mercer. They were hoping for Van Horn as the main get from that trade too - people forget that he was the #2 draft pick and a 20ppg scorer from his rookie season. He didn't fall to #3 though. I know they besides Van Horn they liked Mercer and McGrady, but I don't know if missing out on Van Horn would lead them to take Mercer with the #3 pick and McGrady with the #6, or if they would have ran with Billups/Daniels with the #3 instead and waited until #6 to grab a swingman.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
How? Jordan wasn't getting ANY respect from the front office he played for, particularly considering all that he did for them and the league as a whole. Magic was probably was the answer from that era.

But as far as this thread goes, it's clearly LeBron. Nobody in the NBA has leveraged their power like LeBron has done, and successfully as well; probably nobody in American sports as a whole but I haven't really thought it out so I'm not 100 on that one.
LeBron has whatever level of influence he has in Cleveland largely because he's a native son while being as great as he is. If Denver, Detroit, Toronto, or Miami gets the #1 pick in Miami he's another great player at the mercy of his front office.

So Jordan retired in 98 again because of lack of respect from the Bulls FO?