Is Nas currently the best Emcee in the game in 2021?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You actually went back and reviewed Nas lyrical content on KD 2 bc of what Ransom said. Wow! I never seen an artist work be so thoroughly scrutinized like Nas. Does Nas need to be extra sharp on every single song for him to be a top lyricist? Who makes up this criteria or does this just apply to Nasir?

I mean it was dope to me before that and I been listening but I was like let me see if theres something missing and Im like his verse on composure is something you'd hear off Lost Tapes just with the detail of his health when he was born or how his parents met and theres a pocket there

I can understand maybe on Nasir and maybe parts of KD 1 not liking how hes rapping for not being the detailed Nas we know (though it fits the album and theres still content), but thats the issue here if you really pay attention.

And again, I cant stress it enough how Hit Boy has a pocket for him with different styles, so I dont know what the hell hes taking about saying his rapping his ass

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My beef with the KD series is def not Nas' rapping, he was spitting on every track.

I just think Nas suits grimy beats better. Hit-Boy made some great beats but they're very clean and polished for Nas' voice.
Ahh man yall be making stuff up. This is a new one. Did you hear Nas on store run???

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Ahh man yall be making stuff up. This is a new one. Did you hear Nas on store run???
Yeah, dope track. I don't dislike the whole album, its just not what I would choose if I could EP a Nas record.