Is Piñata A Classic?

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
You talking to the wrong man I've never said any of that.:camby:

Domo is a poor man's curren$y, earl trying his hardest to copy DOOM by sounding as monotonous and dull as possible, while also bringing up his teenage angst and father issues.:dahell:

Gibbs talks all sorts of street shyt, even when he gets introspective, he stays true to the content and theme. These other rappers had no business being on this album except to pander to the weirdo stone's throw cacs.

It's a lot of good material on the album, but I'll never forgive whoever guided Gibbs into picking those specific features.

O'Doyle Rules:dahell:
Ab Soul struggling to flow and somehow managing to make a reference to biggie sound AWFUL.:dahell:
Earl boring everyone to sleep.
Domo talking about random shyt with no charisma, completely out of place over a madlib production.:dahell:
Meechy gaining a spot on the album because the Flatbush zombies were getting love from Cac bloggers.:dahell:
G Wiz getting buried in between all these terrible features that drag down the entire second half of the album.:dahell:

Fukk thuggin, they should've thrown all them trash features on a track called huggin, would've been a lot more appropriate.:dahell:

WHEN you take a look at the features in context, it becomes clear why these artists were picked. They appealed largely to white rap sensibilities. List up the features, go back to the release date, and you'll realize they were all cac blog darlings. Furthermore, look at Gibbs' catalog. HE HAS NEVER WORKED WITH THOSE ARTISTS BEFORE OR AFTER. Spice 1, Yukmouth, E40, Gucci Mane, Jeezy, Curren$y, Problem, Alley Boy and the list goes on...

But now he's fukking with those dudes on piñata? :dahell:

It was pandering.
While I do agree that some of the features pandered to bloggers, not all of them were too far fetched

Domo had Gibbs on No Idols, so they've collaborated before

Mac Miller and Gibbs performed together before, and have mutual friends(Curren$y, K.R.I.T, Smoke Dza, etc)so I can see how they would do music together

I'm not mad at the features though I could've done without Ab-Soul and Meechy, but it doesn't take away from the overall greatness of the album

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Absolutely. Pinata and bandana are the top 2 albums of the decade with dragos wave right behind them

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
You talking to the wrong man I've never said any of that.:camby:

Domo is a poor man's curren$y, earl trying his hardest to copy DOOM by sounding as monotonous and dull as possible, while also bringing up his teenage angst and father issues.:dahell:

Gibbs talks all sorts of street shyt, even when he gets introspective, he stays true to the content and theme. These other rappers had no business being on this album except to pander to the weirdo stone's throw cacs.

It's a lot of good material on the album, but I'll never forgive whoever guided Gibbs into picking those specific features.

O'Doyle Rules:dahell:
Ab Soul struggling to flow and somehow managing to make a reference to biggie sound AWFUL.:dahell:
Earl boring everyone to sleep.
Domo talking about random shyt with no charisma, completely out of place over a madlib production.:dahell:
Meechy gaining a spot on the album because the Flatbush zombies were getting love from Cac bloggers.:dahell:
G Wiz getting buried in between all these terrible features that drag down the entire second half of the album.:dahell:

Fukk thuggin, they should've thrown all them trash features on a track called huggin, would've been a lot more appropriate.:dahell:

WHEN you take a look at the features in context, it becomes clear why these artists were picked. They appealed largely to white rap sensibilities. List up the features, go back to the release date, and you'll realize they were all cac blog darlings. Furthermore, look at Gibbs' catalog. HE HAS NEVER WORKED WITH THOSE ARTISTS BEFORE OR AFTER. Spice 1, Yukmouth, E40, Gucci Mane, Jeezy, Curren$y, Problem, Alley Boy and the list goes on...

But now he's fukking with those dudes on piñata? :dahell:

It was pandering.

Yikes at this post with ZERO daps :mjlol:this guy thought he really had one with this post in 2017 when he should’ve just posted that Juelz gif.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Yikes at this post with ZERO daps :mjlol:this guy thought he really had one with this post in 2017 when he should’ve just posted that Juelz gif.

He wildin but there's a point in there.

I let Big Time Watts have the last word on Pinata then I cut if off :francis:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I was definitely wildin, the album is a classic. But a lot of those features are still fukkin atrocious.

Around the time Piñata dropped, Soulo was on a mean streak of absolutely fukkin trash features and underwhelming albums. Mac Miller, RIP, but I ain't ever fukked with his music, and his verse on this tape was terrible. Everything else I said I still agree with, and especially when in contrast with the good features on this tape like Scarface and BJ The Chicago Kid. Piñata was lauded as being influenced by blaxploitation, the fukk is a early and domo doing on there spitting average verses killing the whole vibe.

While I'm still up, fukk that song 1 train too.