Is Rick Ross’ lyrical peak comparable to or even BETTER than Prodigy’s peak?

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
You’re the only one misguidedly trying to place him in an earlier era ... :snoop:

Don’t be like casual sports fans trying to put today’s greats in the 90s and 2000s...

You’re doin a disservice right now. :ufdup:

Look at their respective runs during their respective eras and compare the trajectories and improvement.

Then how can we compare logically if thats the case:why:

Prodigy in his peak & era.....had heaps of competition, to which he was still touted as 1 of the best rappers

Rick Ross in his peak & era....hardy any competition in terms of lyrical rappers, it was much easy for him to stand out

So i had to ask myself :jbhmm:

Would Rick Ross in his peak stand out like he did in this era where Prodigy was at his lyrical peak (as you are comparing the 2:leostare:)

of course he wouldn't :comeon:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Prodigy in his peak & era.....had heaps of competition, to which he was still touted as 1 of the best rappers

Rick Ross in his peak & era....hardy any competition in terms of lyrical rappers, it was much easy for him to stand out

Would Rick Ross in his peak stand out like he did in this era where Prodigy was at his lyrical peak (as you are comparing the 2:leostare:)

Stay in school.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
I would put ross even with rea, ghost pun, p, az, jada & styles actually :ld:

Aint no way any emcee can do what he has done over the last 8 yrs & not be seen as 1 of the greats lyrically & discography :ufdup:

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS

Ross has went bar 4 bar with (even got the best of on a few) kool g, face, jada, nas, jay, wayne, rae, ghost & styles

And has a better discography than alot of you'll favorite emcees :ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ross has went bar 4 bar with (even got the best of on a few) kool g, face, jada, nas, jay, wayne, rae, ghost & styles

He did that when 0 of them were in their prime.

Ross is graded on a curve because "Port Of Miami" came out around the same time as "Laffy Taffy". Nobody was really rapping like that at the time....whereas half the rap game was doing that (both skill-wise, and stylistically) during the 90's. So he wouldn't stand out, at all.

Fred.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ross has been effortlessly floatin on nearly every beat, destroying shyt for the past few years ... :damn:

He’s really found his pocket and has just stayed in rare form ... his pen game is so refined where he doesn’t even have to be super lyrical and it’s still just :wow:

...reminds me of Prodigy’s (RIP) historic run when I literally had him top 3 in the game ...

Got to wondering tho ... is Ross’ run better than P’s?!!

:jbhmm:
2J0FGo6.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I can already see that... the discussion really needs to be held tho ... Ross’ run is nearing P’s ... if not surpassing it.
Where is Ross’ Infamous? :pdahellclean:
Hell On Earth? :pdahell3:
Murda Muzik? :pwhitehat:
HNIC? :pdisbelief:
Return of The Mac? :pwhitehat2:

What verse does Ross have that is a GOAT contender like Shook Ones Pt 2? :peeumad:

I like Ross, although I don’t really listen to him, but he is not on the same level as P :prodigylol2: