Is Rick Ross’ lyrical peak comparable to or even BETTER than Prodigy’s peak?

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Prodigy’s sample size from the period he wa s at his peak is sort of small in retrospect.. p was at his apex lyrically from 95-97

P was just as nice as anyone on the mic during that period

Ross got in his bag in 2008.. I’d say from 2008 to 2012 GFID. Ross was spitting flames but I don’t think he was spitting at the level P did between 95-97

As a solo artist Ross would probably edge him out given his discography but Mobb Deep as a group > Ross as a solo artist

Just my .2

I love both. Good luck getting anyone to really engage and explain their stances though. Dialogue has become a thing of the past here lol.

it's a good thing though fam i rather be discussing this then gossiping about two wack mc's dissing each other.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Brehs

I'm looking for a Ross song that he may have made in 2016, it was so soulful, I can't recall the name of it.

I think it was a throwaway, I can't find that shyt

Help brehs:mjcry:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I’ll say this, in Ross’ window between 08-12 he ate some legends up (who were in the second phase of their careers)

It’s like the young A.I. Crossing MJ and hitting the shot in 97...

Ross gave Nas & Hov some burn respectively (triple beam dreams, free mason)

Rae & Ghost a few times

I could go on but the artists were in the second phase of their careers (not their lyrical primes).

That has to be taken into consideration. I compared Prime Prodigy (which is really Mobb Deep P) to Prime Ross and Prodigy was just on another level lyrically

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
lol_idi_amin.gif

Im a ross fan, but cut this shyt out.

this.

Jinx`

Well damn.
Daps
Reppin
15-10
Where is Ross’ Infamous? :pdahellclean:
Hell On Earth? :pdahell3:
Murda Muzik? :pwhitehat:
HNIC? :pdisbelief:
Return of The Mac? :pwhitehat2:

What verse does Ross have that is a GOAT contender like Shook Ones Pt 2? :peeumad:

I like Ross, although I don’t really listen to him, but he is not on the same level as P :prodigylol2:
We got Prodigy stans now? :troll:

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll say this, in Ross’ window between 08-12 he ate some legends up (who were in the second phase of their careers)

Rae & Ghost a few times

I could go on but the artists were in the second phase of their careers (not their lyrical primes).

That has to be taken into consideration. I compared Prime Prodigy (which is really Mobb Deep P) to Prime Ross and Prodigy was just on another level lyrically

Ross did not have the best verse on triple beam dreams.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach

Rae & Ghost a few times

Nas never had nothing but outstanding verses with Ross he never got close to getting bodied with him. Jay-z and Ross songs are great but there wasn't no competition just great songs.