Is the Tesla media hype finally starting to implode?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Dude has pretty much maxed out on the content he can produce in that realm.... This is one of the few things i've seen from him that's actually him, and not a MKBHD production.

them sneakers were :gag:, looked like some shyt you unlock in GTA after the first mission.
I fukks with MKBHD… yeah the tech content he still reviews as new shyt comes to market but it’s good he pivoted to EVs.. He respectfully bushed Elon and his merch lmaooo… MK still the top dog in the tech context space tho.. ain’t he over like 25m to 30m subscribers?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I fukks with MKBHD… yeah the tech content he still reviews as new shyt comes to market but it’s good he pivoted to EVs.. He respectfully bushed Elon and his merch lmaooo… MK still the top dog in the tech context space tho.. ain’t he over like 25m to 30m subscribers?

He really could/should do more content with EV's cause he's mastered producing consumable tech content. A lot of the car guys, don't really do a good job explaining or reviewing how well the vehicles integrate your phone or its overall interface to viewers.

However,I think that the Plug in Hybrids will be the best route foward for the average car buyer if they can afford it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He really could/should do more content with EV's cause he's mastered producing consumable tech content. A lot of the car guys, don't really do a good job explaining or reviewing how well the vehicles integrate your phone or its overall interface to viewers.

However,I think that the Plug in Hybrids will be the best route foward for the average car buyer if they can afford it.
Facts and yes the plug in hybrids was always the best of both… You can use the electric range of the vehicle around town and not have to worry about range anxiety on road trips as you will just use the gas engine… shyt has forever been a no brainer

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

I think EVs oversold their utility because the network and even physics of the elements (rain, cold) have diminished people’s every day interaction with them.

Theres no shortage of people flat out realizing they kinda got duped

When you mix Elon’s horrible behavior and Tesla’s slow evolution to address issues and lies about the capability of their vehicles you realize a lot of it was a sham.

Hybrids make sense and were infinitely more plausible but once again the loud minority stole all the energy in the room and tried to bully people out of the convo.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
How are the updates looking like in other EVs? One of my favorite things about the Tesla is the constant software updates adding new features to the car or fixing issues.

For brehs with EVs of other companies do yall get updates and how often?

USMaroon

Pro
Daps
I think you guys are missing out on one of the key details on why many people buy Tesla. All the 'Musk_turd' shyt aside, many people flock to Tesla because they don't want to deal with a cunning, shifty, musty "finance manager" at dealerships. The straightforward process of buying a Tesla has really been another driver for them.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I honestly don’t think America will allow any Chinese auto manufacturer in… It’s a reason why you don’t see any Chinese commercial aircraft flying to Europe and the Americas..
Too late. Volvo is owned by Chinese company Geely. Geely also owns Polestar. Polestar has been selling EVs in the US for a minute and Volvo is soon to release its EX30 EV, which is a Geely World platform car already sold in China as the Zeeker X. Buick has been importing cars (Envision and Evista) from China for a minute as well. Americans will buy with their wallets as has been going on for the past 50 years.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
How are the updates looking like in other EVs? One of my favorite things about the Tesla is the constant software updates adding new features to the car or fixing issues.

For brehs with EVs of other companies do yall get updates and how often?
Over The Air updates is the most overrated feature for a car. Tesla is notorious of selling cars like AAA videogames; in an unfinished state. I was looking at Model Ys at the beginning of the 2023 and they didn't have parking sensors, and owners had to wait for a software update. Who the Fuq buys a $50k car without parking sensors? Optimistically, Tesla is the CDProjekt Red of auto manufacturers. My wife had never received an OTA update on her Bolt in nearly 3 years, but never had any major software problems that required one.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Too late. Volvo is owned by Chinese company Geely. Geely also owns Polestar. Polestar has been selling EVs in the US for a minute and Volvo is soon to release its EX30 EV, which is a Geely World platform car already sold in China as the Zeeker X. Buick has been importing cars (Envision and Evista) from China for a minute as well. Americans will buy with their wallets as has been going on for the past 50 years.

Volvo is still a Swedish carmaker who been has a foot print in the U.S.

Land river is owned by an Indian company it doesn’t change the fact Brits still manufacture Land Rover.. Same applies with Geely

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I think EVs oversold their utility because the network and even physics of the elements (rain, cold) have diminished people’s every day interaction with them.

Theres no shortage of people flat out realizing they kinda got duped

When you mix Elon’s horrible behavior and Tesla’s slow evolution to address issues and lies about the capability of their vehicles you realize a lot of it was a sham.

Hybrids make sense and were infinitely more plausible but once again the loud minority stole all the energy in the room and tried to bully people out of the convo.

another thing that EV marketing failed to account for is that in dense urban areas, EV ownership is impractical because of not being able to access charging stations/ living in places without charging stations..... running a extension cord outside and hoping for the best isn't an ideal scenario.

A lot of folks didn't realize how much of an inconvenience an EV can be if they didn't already have a house with garage or charging stations where they live....all they heard was " I dont have to pay for gas anymore"

Facts and yes the plug in hybrids was always the best of both… You can use the electric range of the vehicle around town and not have to worry about range anxiety on road trips as you will just use the gas engine… shyt has forever been a no brainer

Honestly, the biggest hang up with the PEHV's has been how they look, a car that looks like an egg with wheels is a very hard sell. Toyota finally accepted that the Prius needed a new look. I think we're going to start to see more offerings from carmakers seeing how it's much more practical for the everyday driver no matter where they live.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
another thing that EV marketing failed to account for is that in dense urban areas, EV ownership is impractical because of not being able to access charging stations/ living in places without charging stations..... running a extension cord outside and hoping for the best isn't an ideal scenario.

A lot of folks didn't realize how much of an inconvenience an EV can be if they didn't already have a house with garage or charging stations where they live....all they heard was " I dont have to pay for gas anymore"

Honestly, the biggest hang up with the PEHV's has been how they look, a car that looks like an egg with wheels is a very hard sell. Toyota finally accepted that the Prius needed a new look. I think we're going to start to see more offerings from carmakers seeing how it's much more practical for the everyday driver no matter where they live.
I got hip to the problem when skeptics started saying: You’re just replacing existing cars, youre not removing cars from urban areas...

and they’re right. Its not fixing the “density” issue of transit in cities.

I get the climate issues. I get the reliability issues. But it seems from a pure physics standpoint…we rushed into this thing and granted we needed government subsidies to remedy the transition or even adoption, this was not done very well.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The biggest Tesla Stan dropped him? :wow:

I know that roadster preorder grift burned his SOUL
Between the Roadster preorders money disappearing and the cyber truck disaster, I’d just say fukk Elon too. What a piece of shyt organization he’s running.