Is there a current NBA Player that can be as big as MJ, Kobe and Lebron?

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I appreciate that Bron and Kobe both became names outside of the world of basketball, but there's really no phenomenon like Jordan. At one point it was Michael Jackson and Jordan as the most famous people in the world. All these years later, players are still living in his shadow. There is a clear distinction in level of fame between him and the other two.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I appreciate that Bron and Kobe both became names outside of the world of basketball, but there's really no phenomenon like Jordan. At one point it was Michael Jackson and Jordan as the most famous people in the world. All these years later, players are still living in his shadow. There is a clear distinction in level of fame between him and the other two.
Lol at comparing Jordan to Michael Jackson. He wasn't even the most famous athlete in the world. That was David Beckham

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Lol at comparing Jordan to Michael Jackson. He wasn't even the most famous athlete in the world. That was David Beckham
I thought I would see a 2022 join date for you, but you're actually old enough to know better.

If you actually follow Soccer, you'll remember the story of the Brazilian star who was THE most popular soccer player on earth at the time being giddy meeting Jordan, while Mike had no idea who he was.
Ronaldhino I think.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I thought I would see a 2022 join date for you, but you're actually old enough to know better.

If you actually follow Soccer, you'll remember the story of the Brazilian star who was THE most popular soccer player on earth at the time being giddy meeting Jordan, while Mike had no idea who he was.
Ronaldhino I think.
Nah breh. Once he started dating that chick from Spice Girls (who were massive at the time), he leapfrogged everybody. Even people who didn't follow sports knew who he was

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nah breh. Once he started dating that chick from Spice Girls (who were massive at the time), he leapfrogged everybody. Even people who didn't follow sports knew who he was
And after the Dream Team showing at the 1992 Olympics, the entire globe became aware of who Jordan was, if they didn't know before. International popularity of the NBA BLEW UP after that.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps

In 1996, while preparing for the launch of “Space Jam,” Warner Brothers commissioned research to determine the reach of Jordan’s fame. According to an ESPN article, that study revealed that the three most famous people on the planet at the time were Princess Diana, Jordan, and the Pope.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
The Nba is different now and in different hands

Jordan, Kobe, Lebron... were all pillars and icons
and its amazing they are all named together finally instead of against eachother

Lebron came in to carry the torch and succeeded
Kobe filled the void and carried the NBA in between when MJ left
and MJ created a masterpiece and made the NBA a global fixture and earned a trillion dollars for the league ... set new standards and broke the game through

Bird and Magic saved the league when it needed it the most and made basketball more mainstream and a household name

you can keep going back

The NBA now is global because of these men and people in all reaches and upbringings have their own favorites
it is supposed to be spaced out with icons everywhere... you are supposed to relate to Luka, to Yao... to James Harden etc
the kid who immigrated her from African ancestry is supposed to fall in love with Giannis... the conspirator who didnt fit in, with Kyrie
the underdog with Durant... the kid who everyone thought wouldnt make it and was undervalued in Curry... the drive and work ethic of Drose. The aloof nature and excellence of Kawhi. Eastern Europeans have something to look forward to in Jokic, the black kid raised in the country who wont stop being himself in Jimmy Butler. The humble giant in Zion ... the new generation who's told they are too soft and not amazing like Ja Morant. The humble guys who just want to do what they love, like Bradley Beal and Damien Lillard. The undersized giants filling the shoes of the past, present and future like Trae Young. The Raptors representing all of Canada
the NBA isnt based on one man carrying it anymore, or all in promotion. Its something for everyone distributed very evenly.
Its not built to survive anymore, its built to reach.

It's in a space now where it has legacy and story, defined eras and inclusion. This is where they build reputation in those spaces and flourish to expand the league.

70s
80s
90s
2000s
10s
20s

are just a bigger version of the same growth ... but we've finally hit full potential
you can own the memphis grizzlies and draft a chinese all star and make a billion dollars right in downtown Tennessee with a hundred million Chinese supporters. All the other players set the foundation and love of the game up for this to happen.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets not forget that owners are getting sick of the player controlled league and are trying to reign in their power to better control the athletes.
In the past the NBA let Jordan become larger than life, even changing rules for him because they needed his presence for the league to increase in popularity and revenue. The NBA too big for one individual player to move the needle like Magic and Bird did in the 80s and Jordan in the 90s.