Is there a thin line between complimenting and flirting?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is something I never had an issue but I know men who do. Just today one of the girls at my school switched up her hairstyle and dyed her hair. I complimented her and said "Nice hairstyle". I do the same thing if I see co-worker switch their hairstyle. Or have on a nice outfit, shoes.

Now I know men who would never do this. Don't wanna get accused of sexual harrassment or flirting. And I totally get it. Your job, livelihood is important. What's your stance on this. And women please chime in as well.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yxqzxycwaep91.png

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yeah you have to be extremely careful at work when it comes to giving the other gender a compliment on their appearance. You can say something like that's a nice color or that's a cool pattern. But be very wary of saying, that looks good on you or your hair looks great. Trust me, ive done that for years and never got in trouble BUT I have heard of people being reported to HR for saying that and less. I stopped giving those type of compliments when I entered management. It's not worth the HR headache.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hair shouldn't be that big of a deal. Clothing is due to the insinuation that you were paying more attention to what's in the clothes.
Clothing is def more risky but it can be done. Especially if they spent some money like a name brand (i.e. LV). I wouldn't compliment a woman has her breast showing, or tight pants. I would really have to question my motives in that. That could be more your attraction then a actual compliment.