Is there a thin line between complimenting and flirting?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Now, its certain
Yeah you have to be extremely careful at work when it comes to giving the other gender a compliment on their appearance. You can say something like that's a nice color or that's a cool pattern. But be very wary of saying, that looks good on you or your hair looks great. Trust me, ive done that for years and never got in trouble BUT I have heard of people being reported to HR for saying that and less. I stopped giving those type of compliments when I entered management. It's not worth the HR headache.
Yeah, you gotta crazy to say "that looks good on you". It's just gives off thr vibe that you been studying their shape. To me, that's borderline flirting. And def agree as a manager I wouldn't do any compliments.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Very thin line. Gotta word it in a way that they'll appreciate and can also shrug off. I compliment women every time the opportunity arises but I'm also pretty good at choosing my words before I say them in a short timeframe

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Ok … be handsome

200w.gif

Got it
k3xH68V.png

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't see a line. I'm pretty flirtatious and got a bit of a mouthpiece because I like to joke. Not on purpose, just my personality.

As a result, in a professional setting, I tend to only compliment people's work.

On the other side, I usually don't say shyt unless I know the lady personally.

Basically, ain't no line because it's all flirting if the chick finds you attractive. Especially if the comment is about their appearance.

Can't sweat it tho because some women take "Hello" as catcalling. However this would never happen to me because I am incredibly good looking and my print be showing even in the loosest of khakis. So any comment with a smile from me is bait for these hoes to go fishing for trouser trout, whether I want it or not.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
All I say is good morning and see you when I see you to female coworkers. I don’t even small talk unless it has to do with work. The hardest part is if the female coworker is throwing it you and you ain’t reciprocating, bytch might get mad and screw you over if you even think about flirting with her later down the line.

Respect the check and don’t think with your dikk. Plenty of p*ssy outside the workplace.

:ufdup:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Safe ass nikkas. If I do give a compliment I’m gonna say you getting thick or some shyt like that. I’m definitely not walking around on some hey miss lady, you look stunning today shyt. I done pulled more chicks in my life talking shyt more than anything else. I’m a cool ass nikka, not a nice ass nikka

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Safe ass nikkas. If I do give a compliment I’m gonna say you getting thick or some shyt like that. I’m definitely not walking around on some hey miss lady, you look stunning today shyt. I done pulled more chicks in my life talking shyt more than anything else. I’m a cool ass nikka, not a nice ass nikka
tenor.gif