Is there an official Shameless thread?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i really liked the last two episodes tbh, but is fiona stupid enough to realize that a year apart from jimmy/steve isn't worth the payoff of having a doctor's salary added to the household? :wtf:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
i really liked the last two episodes tbh, but is fiona stupid enough to realize that a year apart from jimmy/steve isn't worth the payoff of having a doctor's salary added to the household? :wtf:

That is a quite reasonable reaction. Think about it from her end she knows the type of person jimmy is (and we have seen) will not stay loyal. Once she is out of site she will be out of mind and Jimmy might take up with someone else. And lets be real besides her looks and being a strong woman (who is defined by her burden) there is not that much to Fiona. If he is away from her and for a year no less he will prob dumb her. If he is around she could keep him in check. So i get where she is coming from. The only way Jimmy could reassure her is by marriage but he can't do that.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
That is a quite reasonable reaction. Think about it from her end she knows the type of person jimmy is (and we have seen) will not stay loyal. Once she is out of site she will be out of mind and Jimmy might take up with someone else. And lets be real besides her looks and being a strong woman (who is defined by her burden) there is not that much to Fiona. If he is away from her and for a year no less he will prob dumb her. If he is around she could keep him in check. So i get where she is coming from. The only way Jimmy could reassure her is by marriage but he can't do that.

valid points from fiona's point of view, but the risk/reward is still a good bet. if jimmy is so liable to break up with her, he'll find another reason somewhere down the line anyway. and if he isn't, he comes home as a doctor.

from the viewer's perspective, which she of course is not privy to, jimmy left a life in brazil with bread and dime(s) to go back to fiona and live with her snotty ass broken family. so in that light, jimmy has proven his loyalty.

let's not forget she was barely giving him the time of day until she found out he was a car thief.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
valid points from fiona's point of view, but the risk/reward is still a good bet. if jimmy is so liable to break up with her, he'll find another reason somewhere down the line anyway. and if he isn't, he comes home as a doctor.

from the viewer's perspective, which she of course is not privy to, jimmy left a life in brazil with bread and dime(s) to go back to fiona and live with her snotty ass broken family. so in that light, jimmy has proven his loyalty.

let's not forget she was barely giving him the time of day until she found out he was a car thief.

Yeah we know he is loyal (at least from a dudes perspective). But your risk reward view does not work with Fiona's personality. She does not really trust men (thanks to Frank) so for her to trust him is a big step for her. I think she will come around by next ep because who will deny someone bettering themselves expect for Frank. Also it looks like that next ep she finds out he is married so there goes that trust.

amare68

Burr
Daps
Reppin
Sydney
This show my shyt...last episodes have been in point

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This Jimmy/Fionna storyline is killing the show for me. They have no chemistry on screen together. When was Jimmy ever in med school? They just randomly added that in the episode last night. And I am pretty sure if you do drop out of any graduate school in good standing you have a one year grace period to return. But this show has been on for 3. And can someone explain to me the deal with that marriage to the brazilian broad? If her pops is a major boss, getting her a working visa shouldn't be an issue. Frank and his wild antics are the only reason I check for this show

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
This Jimmy/Fionna storyline is killing the show for me. They have no chemistry on screen together. When was Jimmy ever in med school? They just randomly added that in the episode last night. And I am pretty sure if you do drop out of any graduate school in good standing you have a one year grace period to return. But this show has been on for 3. And can someone explain to me the deal with that marriage to the brazilian broad? If her pops is a major boss, getting her a working visa shouldn't be an issue. Frank and his wild antics are the only reason I check for this show

They mention he was in Med school last season when Debbie finds out where he comes from. The marriage is just a plot to give Jimmy something to do but it might work out.

Oh and from there perspective it has only been a year since Fiona meet Jimmy.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i was waiting for them to put the brazilian mafiosos in play, like they were gonna whoop on patrick or something. but they've really served no purpose. jimmy's life could suck and he could want to go back to med school without all that stuff happening.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jimmy would've already been a doctor if he really wanted it, but he liked that fast money. Now he's fukked he had a dime broad living it up in Brazil, but chose to come back.