Is There Such A Thing As, 'Black On Black Crime'? (DEBATE)

Does 'Black On Black' Crime Exist?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
SERIOUS THREAD, NO TROLLING. READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE COMMENTING.

TLDR
  • It's MAINLY A Classism & Race Issue That Has Been Purposely Inflicted.

Imma keep this kind of short.

Back when I was a teenager (before I started to do research and etc) I used to believe 'Black On Black' crime existed. However, in the recent years (2013) I've noticed that the mainstream media LOVES to paint the AA community and Black men in a negative light. Same for Black women that are lower-income. There's been a proxy war on Black America for decades. I've learned about this when I became more interested in 'REAL' Black history GLOBALLY.

Anyhow, do I believe in BOB crime? Not to the extent it's talked about and it's mainly a poverty issue in the low-income areas. Also, wealthy Whites are fully responsible for that. They 'purposely' refuse to fix up the housing projects/communities for Black residents. Hell, out here we just had a problem (not me personally 'we homeowners').

The BIGGEST perpetrators in this country are WHITE MEN. NOT us.

BTW, most people in the hood aren't even like that. I've been in the hood and felt safe. I'll tell you, I feel unsafe when I go into those White neighborhoods. Especially, when I jog late at night sometimes.

Discuss......

Watching a news program last night inspired me to make this thread. My father and I debate this all the time. He insists that Black On Black crime exists like perpetrated in the media. I mainly tell him that it's a poverty issue and that White men are the BIGGEST perpetrators of violence.

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
HHwNJ5u.webp

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

People commit crime on those they are around...

Just like you are more likely to be murdered by someone you know...

If you just live around Black people all your life...guess who is more likely to rob you...a Black person...
That's basically why BOB crime is bullshyt. Black folk in the hood rarely kick it with crackas like that.

stave

Superstar
Daps
No, it's just crime period. BoBC is a phrase used to frame us as the dangerous group everyone doesn't want around :mjpls: but won't stop stealing from :francis:

Most people in one race kill similar people due to proximity

Except white people who kill everything. And what they can't kill directly, they kill indirectly with laws and power structures

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
That's basically why BOB crime is bullshyt. Black folk in the hood rarely kick it with crackas like that.

It isn't bullshyt...it's just a statistical and linguistic argument to ignore poverty...

It's like the whole..."Well Africans sold themselves into slavery..."

Black people are disproportionate victims of gun violence, robberies and murders...often committed by other Black people...because Black people are disproportionately poor...and poverty leads to crime....

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It isn't bullshyt...it's just a statistical and linguistic argument to ignore poverty...

It's like the whole..."Well Africans sold themselves into slavery..."

Black people are disproportionate victims of gun violence, robberies and murders...often committed by other Black people...because Black people are disproportionately poor...and poverty leads to crime....
I mean 'bullshyt' in the extent of its portrayal by the mainstream media.