Is Westbrook a Top 10 All-Time PG?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Agreed on all of these but I'll bet he's gonna ball out against the Pacers. That's just how Russ is.
I mean, maybe he will. The Pacers weren't a good team anyway plus they're playing with no Warren, no Lamb, no Lavert, no Turner, and Brogdon is still coming off a hamstring issue. Westbrook will be guarded by who, T.J. McConnell? This is as easy a playoff opponent as you'll get.

That being said....Russ has lost 21 of his last 28 playoff games and most of them have been against mediocre opponents. He's shown the capacity to play poorly in the playoffs against anyone.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think Westbrook is better than Oscar Robertson. I mean Oscar's main argument has always been averaging triple-double once. Westbrook already done that 4 times. yeah Oscar won a championship once, but he was barely the 3rd best player on the team when the playoffs had 2 rounds only before the finals. before that he was either missing the playoffs or losing in the first rounds. Plus, unlike Westbrook, Oscar played in a weak era for point guards most of his career.
That is absolutely not Oscar Robertson’s main argument for greatness.

Oscar Robertson didn’t even know about a triple doubles record until the 80s. It’s damn near an ESPN made-up-stat.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think Westbrook is better than Oscar Robertson. I mean Oscar's main argument has always been averaging triple-double once. Westbrook already done that 4 times.
That is absolutely not Oscar Robertson’s main argument for greatness.

Oscar Robertson didn’t even know about a triple doubles record until the 80s. It’s damn near an ESPN made-up-stat.
Yeah, that guy is being completely ignorant. Just look at Big O's numbers for his first 5 seasons:

Rookie: 30.1ppg, 10.1rpg, 9.7apg
2nd year: 30.8ppg, 12.5rpg, 11.4apg
3rd year: 28.3ppg, 10.5rpg, 9.5apg
4th year: 31.4ppg, 9.9rpg, 11.0apg
5th year: 30.4ppg, 9.0rpg, 11.5apg

Oscar's AVERAGE after 5 years in the league was a fukking 30-point triple double. He didn't just do it one year. But he came a fraction short of achieving an "actual triple double" those other years cause he wasn't chasing that shyt.

Does anyone here actually think Russ would have been content to finish a season at 9.7apg, 9.5apg, 9.9rpg, etc.? :comeon:

Literally the only difference was that Russ chased the "magic 10 total" and Big O didn't, otherwise Big O's stat lines look MUCH better than what Russ does.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook is top 10 in only 2 stats: greatest motor (where he ranks #1), and dumbest superstar (where he also ranks #1). :francis: He reminds me of Gael Monfils in tennis, if Monfils had a brain injury.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Westbrook is top 10 in only 2 stats: greatest motor (where he ranks #1), and dumbest superstar (where he also ranks #1). :francis: He reminds me of Gael Monfils in tennis, if Monfils had a brain injury.

I think "greatest motor" has to be given to someone who does it on both ends of the court.