Isiah Zeke Thomas on The Pivot Going In On Jordan

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Start around the 32 minute mark, but really the whole interview is great.
Breh said back in the 80s when Jordan got to the Bulls, Zeke said he was the one who made it easy on Jordan to walk the streets of Chicago. Even said his nephew LIVED with Mike.

shytted on Mike for shytting on Jerry Krause. All of the best rated games of the 80s were Pistons games, says they’re the reason the league took off (has a compelling argument). First team to stay in five star hotels and have private flights.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
What’s funny is that when Zeke was working commentary for NBC in the mid to late 90’s, he always praised Jordan to the utmost and gave him his flowers. As a young fan I never knew they had this deep seeded beef, didn’t pick up on that til later. Isiah kept it more than respectful and professional.

They even shared laughs during the 03’ All Star game when Isiah was coaching the East. Was it just The Last Dance that reinvigorated their beef, or is there more to the story?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What’s funny is that when Zeke was working commentary for NBC in the mid to late 90’s, he always praised Jordan to the utmost and gave him his flowers. As a young fan I never knew they had this deep seeded beef, didn’t pick up on that til later. Isiah kept it more than respectful and professional.

They even shared laughs during the 03’ All Star game when Isiah was coaching the East. Was it just The Last Dance that reinvigorated their beef, or is there more to the story?

You think NBC would have him on their network dissing their cash cow????? :mjlol:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

I'm thinking of the doc NBC put on Showtime before a game: 'Michael Jordan: A Champion's Journey"

Zeke was talking all mellow through that. John Salley was bringing up the smoke:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
You think NBC would have him on their network dissing their cash cow????? :mjlol:
Not dissing but he was more than complimentary towards MJ, in instances when it wasn’t necessarily called for even lol. I’m just curious, his energy is totally different even before The Last Dance to be honest. Like I said, they were pretty chummy at the 03’ all star game lol I remember it vividly.

5dccaad93406bed35a24b431ff0145ff.jpg

xxx-nba-allstar.jpg