Isiah Zeke Thomas on The Pivot Going In On Jordan

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What’s funny is that when Zeke was working commentary for NBC in the mid to late 90’s, he always praised Jordan to the utmost and gave him his flowers. As a young fan I never knew they had this deep seeded beef, didn’t pick up on that til later. Isiah kept it more than respectful and professional.

They even shared laughs during the 03’ All Star game when Isiah was coaching the East. Was it just The Last Dance that reinvigorated their beef, or is there more to the story?

I remember ALL OF THIS first hand. Co-signing it all.

Zeke was also one of the people who pushed and pressed Vince Carter to give up his starting spot to MJ in that very same All Star game.

I always knew they had a rivalry because of the 85 All Star Game controversy. I had read a biography about MJ when I was 13-14 and REALLY getting into hoops that mentioned MJ getting frozen out and Isaiah being the ringleader. Then of course we heard about MJ keeping Isaiah off the Dream Team, but I thought they put that all behind them by the 2000’s.

MJ is allowed to feel the way he feels and we all know he’s a legendary a$$hole and holds grudges. But after keeping Isaiah off the Dream Team you’d think that would be a “We’re even” moment for the 85 All Star game freeze out, and going onto win SIX CHIPS and becoming the greatest and most celebrated player to ever to live would lessen some of the sting of those legendary Detroit battles.

But again, seeing just how Detroit LITERALLY was kicking MJ’s ass all of those years, and then REFUSED to shake hands The Bulls finally beat them, I can see that being the catalyst to a lifelong resentment on MJ’s part.

At this point they’re never going to be friends. MJ has said Isaiah is the second greatest point guard of all time after Magic, and thats no insult. And Isaiah can always say he’s the only one to beat MJ, Bird, and Magic during they’re primes so its not like one has too much they can hold over the other.

King Poetic

Disciple Of God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere by the Lakes
Isiah went in on that nikka

Sounded like Tupac on Biggie “ I let that nikka sleep on my couches and shyt”

Jordan said the pistons had no place in basketball but, u get salley, Rodman, James edwards the same nikkas throwing elbows in your ribs and u cool with that :mjlol:

Said how Jordan just disrespected a dead man in Jerry Krause in that documentary..

I had no issues with what isiah said… that’s his beef and I can see what he talking about

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE LARRY BIRD FIRING HIM AND HIRING HIS BUDDY AS COACH

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Isiah went in on that nikka

Sounded like Tupac on Biggie “ I let that nikka sleep on my couches and shyt”

Jordan said the pistons had no place in basketball but, u get salley, Rodman, James edwards the same nikkas throwing elbows in your ribs and u cool with that :mjlol:

Said how Jordan just disrespected a dead man in Jerry Krause in that documentary..

I had no issues with what isiah said… that’s his beef and I can see what he talking about

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE LARRY BIRD FIRING HIM AND HIRING HIS BUDDY AS COACH
There’s a difference between seeing it and going to the commissioner and telling him to change it

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I been arguin with several people about this MJ/Isiah shyt this whole week.

The Pistons were not gonna let MJ just come down the lane and yam. The NBA gradually started changing the rules for Mike which culminated to me in the 1988 Dunk Contest in Chicago. Everyone knows Nique won that Dunk contest and they gave it to Mike :scust:

That’s where it started

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I been arguin with several people about this MJ/Isiah shyt this whole week.

The Pistons were not gonna let MJ just come down the lane and yam. The NBA gradually started changing the rules for Mike which culminated to me in 1988 Dunk Contest in Chicago. Everyone knows Nique won that Dunk contest and they gave it to Mike :scust:

That’s where it started

BREH!!!!! THATS WHEN IT STARTED!

That was the bat signal. It wasnt Mike’s fault, but young disdain for him came off that entire all star weekend being an MJ show. It was so unorganic from the NBA I was used to watching at the time.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
BREH!!!!! THATS WHEN IT STARTED!

That was the bat signal. It wasnt Mike’s fault, but young disdain for him came off that entire all star weekend being an MJ show. It was so unorganic from the NBA I was used to watching at the time.
It was over the top that whole weekend :scust: