It doesn't make sense that Candyman kills black people.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I said this in another thread, but… nowhere in the original movie is it stated that Candyman is after revenge. His goal is to kill people so as to spread his legend, so that he can continue to exist. Candyman will kill anyone in front of him… white, black, or otherwise.

Also, keep in mind that most of the black people killed in that movie weren’t killed by Candyman, but the gang leader posing as him. The only black person Candyman kills is Bernadette, who was just unlucky enough to be around when he showed up. His other two victims are white.
Wouldn't that be effective if he was only killing white people? I mean that sounds like 7 o'clock news to me. Hook handed man only kills white people news at a 7pm.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Wasn't he based in Cabrini Green?

big GD

dAkl9fPchvI

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Which are?

Protecting his legacy, his legend. He was born to be a legendary artist, it's part of what made him able to mingle with white folks and fall in love with the woman that he did. Before they killed him physically, they killed his sense of self, his life purpose by cutting off the hand he painted with. Instead of being mentioned along side the great artists of his era and beyond, all he has is the Candyman mythos. He cares more that people believe in him and more importantly don't forget about what happened to him (racism) AND HERE COMES THIS WHITE bytch TELLING EVERYBODY THAT IT'S ALL MADE UP.

:demonic:

The character he's based on was summoned by doubt, didn't even have to say his name. If he heard or sensed disbelief he'd pull up.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
How many times has this thread been made?

He kills whoever calls him.