‘It’s already way beyond what humans can do’: will AI wipe out architects?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Still need Architects and engineers to refine building design schematics.. however AI can assist in just the idea of a overall design

right now A.I is the worse it'll ever be, In the future it might be possible for an A.I architect model to do the heavy lifting and human architects assisting with real-world input for further refinement.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
OP needs to have all the Ai threads he makes merged gah damm!

tenor.gif

I separate human interest reporting for A.I from the A.I development thread I update. they serve different purposes.:stopitslime:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
How is it going to do architect if it can't even get fingers in art right?

midjourney is just one A.I image model among hundreds being developed.

with each A.I model update, generating fingers that aren't malformed will be perfected.

Last edited:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I actually think that'll be one of the last.

Not many people will be ok with a robot cutting them open. It'll take a long time for people to get over that.

Other engineering and STEM fields though? Yup.

Lots of people are going to LOVE the idea of a robots precision cutting them open.

A.I is going to save America from itself.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Read this post on reddit a few minutes ago, completely agree with it:

Considering this story, it's wild a civic engineer replied to it :wow:

It really goes to show a lot of people working in engineering ain't that bright:

That line from earlier was a great summar:
"Every professional in every profession inevitably gets the delusion that they're special. That nobody else could possibly comprehend the kind of work they do, or the kind of challenges they face....They are almost always wrong."

sadly I comprehended this by senior year

when they taught us ASPEN and the software could basically drag and drop put together entire chemical processes I knew that my mathematical prowess wasnt valued at all.

the days of being sources of knowledge are rapidly coming to an end in the internet era

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Yet…that’s the key word I think you’re missing. It’s an ever evolving technology that gets smarter with each use. Eventually it will recognize humanity and start to integrate that into designs and processes and concepts.
Yet... that's the part I think you're missing. AI is not natural to human experience.
AI is coming for human careers, arenas where skill was necessary because of convenience and cost cutting.
All this internet access... people still stuck on stupid.

Once "ever evolving technology that gets smarter with each use," become the deciding authority for what's best for humanity, what then?
Just because it saves money and lives won't mean it will save humanity from itself. Just because we prompt it, talk to it and fukk it don't mean it's good.
Interacting with this technology will affect humanity more than the other way, judging by how it's been goin'...

:damn::damn::damn:
You really trust inanimate objects, infinitely smarter than humans, to make moral decisions once the algorithm update go through?
Morality is a human construct, not one of artificial intelligence. They already been runnin' the ones in chess.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
ai isn’t going to replace engineers and other stem fields

I think there is a major flaw in this thinking of ai replacing all jobs

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Actually in theory there would be more engineers and surgeons and professions like that in the future because of ai

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Those designs have no beauty to them. No humanity.
Have you seen how cookie cutter most of these designs human architects are putting up in terms of apartments and housing?

Between 3-D printing and AI, there’s definitely a lane to cut down on lazy human elements.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yet... that's the part I think you're missing. AI is not natural to human experience.
AI is coming for human careers, arenas where skill was necessary because of convenience and cost cutting.
All this internet access... people still stuck on stupid.

Once "ever evolving technology that gets smarter with each use," become the deciding authority for what's best for humanity, what then?
Just because it saves money and lives won't mean it will save humanity from itself. Just because we prompt it, talk to it and fukk it don't mean it's good.
Interacting with this technology will affect humanity more than the other way, judging by how it's been goin'...

:damn::damn::damn:
You really trust inanimate objects, infinitely smarter than humans, to make moral decisions once the algorithm update go through?
Morality is a human construct, not one of artificial intelligence. They already been runnin' the ones in chess.
better reread the dialogue between Abraham and Sarah :mjpls:

"I know that thou are a fair woman to look upon, when they see you they shall spare you and kill me, therefore say that you are my sister"