It's been confirmed the connected DCEU is officially dead

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yahoo is now part of Oath
Warner Bros’ chief Kevin Tsujihara confirming the studio has moved away from the idea of a connected universe for its DC superhero properties – otherwise known as the DC Extended Universe.

“The universe isn’t as connected as we thought it was going to be five years ago,” Tsujihara told The LA Times. “You’re seeing much more focus on individual experiences around individual characters. That’s not to say we won’t at some point come back to that notion of a more connected universe. But it feels like that’s the right strategy for us right now.”

It might be for the best but it still is stupid. It's gonna be a bunch of solo films going forward. Maybe one day they revisit the connected universe idea.

Had they taken their time and done it right the first time they could have worked all these kinks out doing different solo films before a Justice League film. Now we're knee deep into an idea they're abandoning.

Going forward I'll be waiting these movies out until they prove themselves. I'm not really interested in their make it up on the fly disconnected but previously connected film universe.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This isn't new news. They will be loosely connected as seen in Aquaman when they referenced events of other movies but didn't make it the main focus. Whedon fukked up Justice League to the point where a reset was necessary..

So far the reset worked. Aquaman made $1.1 billion at the box office at this point. Their upcoming slate of movies makes far more sense than it did a year ago.

Batman and Superman are referenced in Shazzam, we don't need to see their asses all in the videos.. they got their own projects.

They are making Elseworlds movies like Joker as well, the idea is exactly what they do in comics where some are related and some are in an alternate universe

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
If the movies are good im for it. I’m glad they are finally admitting they took that L from marvel. Now we can all move forward as comic book fans and enjoy the movies. Marvel is king. DC characters are already to big to be put in movies together. Just tell there stories individually

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the movies are good im for it. I’m glad they are finally admitting they took that L from marvel. Now we can all move forward as comic book fans and enjoy the movies. Marvel is king. DC characters are already to big to be put in movies together. Just tell there stories individually

Yea. In what real world situation would superman call batman for help besides loaning clark kent a milly?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This isn't new news. They will be loosely connected as seen in Aquaman when they referenced events of other movies but didn't make it the main focus. Whedon fukked up Justice League to the point where a reset was necessary..

So far the reset worked. Aquaman made $1.1 billion at the box office at this point. Their upcoming slate of movies makes far more sense than it did a year ago.

Batman and Superman are referenced in Shazzam, we don't need to see their asses all in the videos.. they got their own projects.

They are making Elseworlds movies like Joker as well, the idea is exactly what they do in comics where some are related and some are in an alternate universe
Superman has an upcoming project?
Yeah, cool I love the MCU but individual movies have worked well historically to. Looking forward to all the movies announced except maybe Birds of Prey.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just like the comics
dA3TBWf_zpsgxhnwmms.png
When ever a serious threat is coming the Justice League will be necessary but until then there's more than enough stories for characters to do their own thing.:ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They wanted a piece of the pie too bad and got ahead of themselves. They also made the mistake of having Snyder's vision lead the DCEU. I know there are more than enough people who enjoyed and loved Man Of Steel, but the huge divide in audience reaction should have been enough warning that it's not a vision you want to bet your entire franchise on. But because WB had no one else (or trusted no one else), they took the bet and here we are.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They wanted a piece of the pie too bad and got ahead of themselves. They also made the mistake of having Snyder's vision lead the DCEU. I know there are more than enough people who enjoyed and loved Man Of Steel, but the huge divide in audience reaction should have been enough warning that it's not a vision you want to bet your entire franchise on. But because WB had no one else (or trusted no one else), they took the bet and here we are.

Collab movies aint the issue these folks just suck at making movies nothing more nothing leas

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I agree DC characters can do huge numbers just by themselves(if movie is done right).

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
This wasnt snyders vision tho, he had a 7-8 movie arch planned out but was rushed into justice league by the execs at WB. I get what you are saying that after MoS they may have wanted to switch gears before signing him up for the long haul, but to sign a guy based on a vision that had10 years worth of movies to build, then cut him off at the knees :jbhmm: