Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What's weird is

The COMICS have always been like the live stuff is turning out to be

Wolverine. There's really only one. Logan. They have female Wolverine and different shyt but Wolverine is a guy. One certain guy.

But Flash? Green Lantern? Hawkman? Blue Beetle?

Its always WHICH ONE? Which Flash? Earth 1? Earth 2? Barry? Bart?

Flash is more like an office. When Bruce Wayne Batman disappears mfs just grab the cowel like "guess I'm Batman now". Nahmean? Reign of the Supermen, four different mfs came thru like "y'all said the other Superman was dead. We GOTTA have a Superman, right?"

And even within DC the same character changes so much you still have to ask "which Aquaman?". Same actual dude. Arthur... but is it the one with the hook hand? The super old school Superfriends version?

DC has always had like 5 versions of each character from different Earths all running from one dimension to another. Crisis. Reboot. Rebirth.

And that's just the main "continuity". Nevermind "what if" type stuff like Injustice or Dark Knight Returns.

So its kind of only right that the Titans/Doom Patrol Cyborg is a totally different character than the Cyborg from JL movie. Or from whatever series like Smallville. Two different Flashes running around at the same time in different media.

I LOVE how MCU has been able to keep things tight. Even to the TV stuff they at least have the illusion of being in the same space. If Nick Fury shows up its always Sam Jax. If we see Daredevil in a movie or Kingpin I fully expect it to be the same actors from the series. They can find a way to swap out Iron Fist tho

But same with Marvels continuity. Basically Dr Doom is the same individual guy with the same basic attitude since ever. The story has been continuous and it was all designed to fit together

(DC is all different companies put together to form one big one. So the story of Superman was totally separate from the story of Shazam for a long time. Then they bought Shazam and tried to cram it together)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's weird is

The COMICS have always been like the live stuff is turning out to be

Wolverine. There's really only one. Logan. They have female Wolverine and different shyt but Wolverine is a guy. One certain guy.

But Flash? Green Lantern? Hawkman? Blue Beetle?

Its always WHICH ONE? Which Flash? Earth 1? Earth 2? Barry? Bart?

Flash is more like an office. When Bruce Wayne Batman disappears mfs just grab the cowel like "guess I'm Batman now". Nahmean? Reign of the Supermen, four different mfs came thru like "y'all said the other Superman was dead. We GOTTA have a Superman, right?"

And even within DC the same character changes so much you still have to ask "which Aquaman?". Same actual dude. Arthur... but is it the one with the hook hand? The super old school Superfriends version?

DC has always had like 5 versions of each character from different Earths all running from one dimension to another. Crisis. Reboot. Rebirth.

And that's just the main "continuity". Nevermind "what if" type stuff like Injustice or Dark Knight Returns.

So its kind of only right that the Titans/Doom Patrol Cyborg is a totally different character than the Cyborg from JL movie. Or from whatever series like Smallville. Two different Flashes running around at the same time in different media.

I LOVE how MCU has been able to keep things tight. Even to the TV stuff they at least have the illusion of being in the same space. If Nick Fury shows up its always Sam Jax. If we see Daredevil in a movie or Kingpin I fully expect it to be the same actors from the series. They can find a way to swap out Iron Fist tho

But same with Marvels continuity. Basically Dr Doom is the same individual guy with the same basic attitude since ever. The story has been continuous and it was all designed to fit together

(DC is all different companies put together to form one big one. So the story of Superman was totally separate from the story of Shazam for a long time. Then they bought Shazam and tried to cram it together)
DC wasn't built with continuity in mind unlike Marvel. Even after all of these decades it still isn't as tight as Marvel's but that isn't a negative, imo.

DCEU has the opportunity to make their movies in ways the MCU can't