It's funny and annoying how many people think every old music video on YouTube is only 10 year

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
It's funny how because YouTube didn't really have music videos before Oct of 2009 so many people mostly people who are really young, assume almost every old music video came out in 2009 or 2010. You'll have a song like Usher's " Yeah" or Chris Brown's " Run it" or something like that and you'll have people talking about how the song is 10 years old in the comment section and people having to explain to them that song came out before that and that the upload date is just the day it was uploaded to YouTube. What's even more annoying is that a lot of these videos at the end will have the copyright date at the end and people still will assume just because the video was uploaded to YouTube on a certain date, that is the day and year the song came out. Furthermore if you look at any video on YouTube and you scroll down it will tell you when the song came out but a lot of people dont care to do that.

Last edited:

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Bro what are you even talking about? What a random ass thing to notice.

Go to YouTube and look at any old music video and read the comments. A lot of music videos were uploaded to YouTube In 2009 and 2010 because that's is when they got their deal with Vevo. So a lot of people mostly teenagers think a lot of old music videos were made in 10 or 11 years ago. Like for example today I was watching Dr. Dre's " Still Dre" on YouTube and someone in the comment section was commenting about the song coming out in 2011,so I told the person, the song came out in 1999 and that 2011 was just the year the video was uploaded to YouTube.

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
...or extremely stupid ppl or both

I'm reading comments on YouTube and most of these people who think these thing's are teenagers or people pretty young. It amazes me how people dont Google or look things up on Wikipedia before they make comments. I know this is not important but it just has annoying me for years and I had to get it off my chest and rant. But I will get off my soapbox.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm reading comments on YouTube and most of these people who think these thing's are teenagers or people pretty young. It amazes me how people dont Google or look things up on Wikipedia before they make comments. I know this is not important but it just has annoying me for years and I had to get it off my chest and rant. But I will get off my soapbox.

my experience has been different...I usually see commenters either reminiscing about the actual time period the song dropped or they ask if such and such brought them here...meaning a song was mentioned somewhere else and they “ran” to youtube to check it out...not saying it’s impossible for what you said to be true...just pointing out those ppl are slow lol