Its safe to say the Tiffany Haddish experiment has failed

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
This is pretty normal in movies. People get hot for a minute, can't justify the hype or salary for the sequels, then fall off. I'm sure she spread a lot of p*ssy around to get her start though. That Ron Jeremy story about her "friend" sounded suspect as shyt.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Imme be right back while I check to see this same energy being kept for white female comediennes:jbhmm:
So what Tiffany Haddish movie is your favorite breh? :mjgrin:

It's not about not liking her. I honestly haven't seen anything of hers outside of Girl's Trip. She's not on my radar like that.

Never fukking mind :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
She literally does the same role in every single movie. With the same jokes. And it's not funny. She's always going to be a good second or third. That's what she was in Girl's Trip too. There's a lot of actors/actresses that are great in that 3rd slot, but can't carry a movie. Nobody putting up with that bullshyt for 2 hours straight. She needs to switch it up a little

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Yep and I didn't see it but I assume it was a flash in a pan moment for her

I've never seen her do anything that was entertaining or likable except for when she says "she ready"

Folks forget she been in the game a long time. There's a reason it took this long for her to crack mainstream

And playing a ghetto cartoon will only take you so far cause black ppl get sick of you c00ning it up and eventually white folks just move on to the next c00n.

I don't think she's actually playing a caricature. The woman grew up in the foster care system and has a really tragic background. She seems to be genuinely loud and vulgar, probably because she was raised in the system. Regardless, I find her funniest when she's doing interviews and informal things. I like her because she's done a lot to give back and help other comedians trying to come up.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We need as much black mediocrity as there is black excellence. And that’s the honest truth.

There’s a lot of white mediocrity around and they have an audience. Tiffany’s schtick is tired but it works enough to get her in these roles. Even if she goes away, there’ll always be other options, better or for worse. Who would you rather have Tiffany or Nicole Byer on your screen? :hhh:

Imme be right back while I check to see this same energy being kept for white female comediennes:jbhmm:
Name em so I can throw dirt on em:mjgrin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't think she's actually playing a caricature. The woman grew up in the foster care system and has a really tragic background. She seems to be genuinely loud and vulgar, probably because she was raised in the system. Regardless, I find her funniest when she's doing interviews and informal things. I like her because she's done a lot to give back and help other comedians trying to come up.
Then that's not acting.. You not supposed to get in every role and just play yourself. Adam Sandler may play the goofy white boy in every movie, but it's a different one with it's own set of jokes in each one. He doesn't just play the Waterboy in 28 movies cause he's actually like the waterboy in real life

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It’s funny how you guys examine budgets/numbers. You can tell you don’t have a business sensibility...

you would have been more “in the right” if you just made an anti Tiffany Haddish thread based off of your personal opinion.

trying to mix your personal opinion with a novice opinion of Hollywood budgets, acting, etc. most things people on this forum aren’t knowledgeable on.

that’s what makes me realize there’s just a hatred for her