It’s sounds dumb but works!

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
1 thing that helped me out greatly was replacing certain words so that they feel more important, for example:

Instead of saying “I am working out”

I say that I am “TRAINING”

“Working out” always sounded boring like it was a chore. But when I tell people I’m at the gym training. It feels like an actual purpose, like I’m on a mission to achieve a end result.

The other word I use is “Program”

I stole this from my jail bird cousin.

“C’mon nikka, time to PROGRAM let’s go!”:demonic:“nikka is you programming?”

It’s something about that word that keeps me from straying from my goals.

Let’s say I’m at work, and those honeybuns are calling my name. I can hear my cousin shouting:

“PROGRAM LIL nikka!!!”:childplease:

and I go grab a healthy option

I know it sounds stupid, but it’s a simple mind over matter trick that helped me on the hard days.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not dumb. Mind hacks and language have a legitimate effect on your psyche and how you pursue certain things. You see it in how language is used all the time in the political realm.

I personally do a lot of training outside in a blend of running sprints and strength training. I use the phrase, “ Getting some fitness in” or some variation like that :ehh:
Never really say “working out”.

Whatever works for you.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Gym clown shyt. :stopitslime:

Your muscles don't care what you call lifting or stretching, they only understand tension. :francis:

Calling a session "program" or "training" doesn't mean your intensity was high enough to illicit gains. :martin:

Calling something heavy "lightweight" like Ronnie Coleman doesn't mean your body will be able to lift it. :mjgrin:

Calling triple cheeseburger a salad with beef won't make you lose weight any faster if your calories in are still fukked up. :mjlol:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You gave me a negative rep for thanking another poster? :what: Damn.....who took a piss in your cornflakes this morning?
I did.
Deebo