Albums Jack Harlow - Jackman (Discussion Thread)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
He definitely recouped. That first class song went #1 on the charts and was there for awhile. If the label was trying to force him to drop more music to recoup he would’ve made more pop rap, not a bunch of raps about his personal life

Just going by what I was told from people who worked on the album. The budget on this one was damn near 1/2 of what it was last album. That always says you owe bread.

They don’t have to force him to drop, but it's in his best interest to rush it back out because he's not making the kind of noise that would allow him to chill like the actual stars in music. He's on the clock. You don’t come right back out mad fast unless you have to. One song charting is cool. But he has to sell. Not stream. The last album sold like 8,000 copies, the first week. His movie was canceled from being in theaters and then pushed to a streaming service.

CHTKMY had bad reviews. People just streamed the one single. So even with the label putting mad money into dude's promo and visibility, he's not making them the kinda bread that keeps him out of the red. So he doesn't have much of a choice to come right back out. He needs to.

Last edited:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just going by what I was told from people who worked on the album. The budget on this one was damn near 1/2 of what it was last album. That always says you owe bread.

They don’t have to force him to drop, but it's in his best interest to rush it back out because he's not making the kind of noise that would allow him to chill like the actual stars in music. He's on the clock. You don’t come right back out mad fast unless you have to. One song charting is cool. But he has to sell. Not stream. The last album sold like 8,000 copies, the first week. His movie was canceled from being in theaters and then pushed to a streaming service.

CHTKMY had bad reviews. People just streamed the one single. So even with the label putting mad money into dude's promo and visibility, he's not making them the kinda bread that keeps him out of the red. So he doesn't have much of a choice to come right back out. He needs to.
Which album sold 8k? His last album sold like 120k first week :dahell:
Also first class wasn’t the only hit, that corny Nail Tech song did well on the charts too. It was damn near top 15 on the hot 100 charts

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Which album sold 8k? His last album sold like 120k first week :dahell:
Also first class wasn’t the only hit, that corny Nail Tech song did well on the charts too. It was damn near top 15 on the hot 100 charts

That's not how it works, bro.

Those are called "album-equivalent sales". His actual "pure sales" were only 8,000.

What that means is that for every 1,500 streams he gets for the album, they count that as one album sold. People weren't actually buying the album, they were streaming it a lot. Only 8,000 people bought the album the first week.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not how it works, bro.

Those are called "album-equivalent sales". His actual "pure sales" were only 8,000.

What that means is that for every 1,500 streams he gets for the album, they count that as one album sold. People weren't actually buying the album, they were streaming it a lot. Only 8,000 people bought the album the first week.
I know what pure sales are and that’s something nobody goes by anymore. It’s not the 90’s. Only artists doing pure sales are country music artists and a couple pop stars. Streaming numbers are what record labels are looking at. Drake pure sales don’t even be that good and he got one of the biggest record deals in the history of music

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I know what pure sales are and that’s something nobody goes by anymore. It’s not the 90’s. Only artists doing pure sales are country music artists and a couple pop stars. Streaming numbers are what record labels are looking at. Drake pure sales don’t even be that good and he got one of the biggest record deals in the history of music

Doesn't have to be the 90's.

The dude sold 8,000 records, his first week. Streamed the rest. That is not making the label any money, against what his advance would have been in a 360. He lost them money with the album, and he lost them money with the ticket sales they never saw for the movie, that's not going to theaters now. So if he's not making them money, they're going to cut bread they spend on him. Which is why his budget for this album was pretty much chopped in 1/2.

So what other artists are doing is irrelevant. Most have had longer careers. Harlow is losing money for Atlantic, on his first run. So they're not willing to spend as much as they were last year. That's the bottom line.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Doesn't have to be the 90's.

The dude sold 8,000 records, his first week. Streamed the rest. That is not making the label any money, against what his advance would have been in a 360. He lost them money with the album, and he lost them money with the ticket sales they never saw for the movie, that's not going to theaters now. So if he's not making them money, they're going to cut bread they spend on him. Which is why his budget for this album was pretty much chopped in 1/2.

So what other artists are doing is irrelevant. Most have had longer careers. Harlow is losing money for Atlantic, on his first run. So they're not willing to spend as much as they were last year. That's the bottom line.
This album or EP (24 minute runtime) is really clean tho. This doesn’t feel thrown together or rushed. Great vibes throughout and really good production. I don’t care about the budget but it doesn’t sound like an album with low budget. It definitely sounds like a big release for what it’s worth.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This album is dope as hell. I have never been able to get into Jack Harlow prior but I try to give everything a fair shot and I’m hella surprised. Beats, rhymes and concepts on point. Very solid project. Much better than a lot of what’s currently being discussed more on the site.
Way more replay value than that mid Conway project :hubie:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i don't know if it's cause of the song or cause i was falling asleep but 'Ambition' had my SUV going 100 miles an hour I only jerked awake cause I felt myself sliding and the steering wheel pull harder.

I like No Enhancers he need to remix that shyt. Get some real nikkas on the track put that shyt on the radio.

Wow he really is posing in front of trash cans lmao