Jack of All Trades, Master of None (Journal)

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm on the home stretch right now. Got my EOY bonus, and a colonoscopy scheduled the first week of 2023. If/when the doc gives me the all clear, I'm going to put my notice in the next day.

In the meantime, I have all of next week off so I'm going to work on creating some structure for 2023.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I plan on quitting in 23 also. Just mulling if I wanna give 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day or 0 days.

Took the SC-300 and failed it... BUT I had a free voucher and got another one to take the SC-200 next year.

Glad to see your ok @Macallik86 enjoy your colonoscopy :dame:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I plan on quitting in 23 also. Just mulling if I wanna give 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day or 0 days.

Took the SC-300 and failed it... BUT I had a free voucher and got another one to take the SC-200 next year.

Glad to see your ok @Macallik86 enjoy your colonoscopy :dame:
I think I'm more anxious about the 24 hour prep work right after NYE more than the butt stuff (pause).

I hear ya on the notice. I was planning on giving 1 month notice, but given that my responsibilities have been mostly absorbed by new hires, I'm leaning towards two weeks but January is our busy period so I might stay 1-2 more weeks to lighten the workload b4 I dip.

Tough break on the SC-300. Hit the books then take that ish again. Lowkey a few certs could change your life. I was making ~$11/hr before I got promoted into my current career track around 2015
Very dope thread and I’m looking forward to following it regularly

I’ve wanted to do most of this for the longest but just never formally got started
The first steps are the hardest and it seems like no progress is being made, but if you stick with it, one day you pop your head up and realize how far you've come. If I can do it, you can definitely do it ✊🏾

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Colonoscopy went well AFAIK. I was a little hazy when the doc spoke to me and there was an IT-issue around printing my results so I'm waiting for an update in my online portal. Once I get that official OK though, I'm putting in my notice. I'm trying to wrap things up before February starts but I haven't decided if I'm going to give two or three weeks notice...

As it stands right now, my general day-to-day is a state of limbo. I am starting to completely disassociate with my work tasks, but mentally, I haven't fully accepted how drastically my life is going to change. I've been in the same routine for over a decade so it's going to take some time to adjust. To try and soften the transition, I've started reading Getting Things Done to create some structure to help manage all the tasks/projects on my post-employment agenda.

NGL, I'm definitely a lil anxious about 2023's job market. As someone who follows the stock market religiously, a lot of respectable people have low expectations due to credit card debt levels, the knock-on effects of the Feds tackling inflation, etc. Outside of 2020, 2023 has the potential to be the worst time to quit a job since 2009. Everyone here has read about the tech layoffs happening, I'm sure. FWIW, I will be allocating time over the next few months to become extremely well-versed in the fundamentals of data analysis. Ideally, I'd be in the top 20%, but being above average in general would be a solid step in the right direction 😅

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got the official clean bill of health yesterday afternoon. (I will need another colonoscopy in 2 years, but no cancer🤘🏾). Cut to me right now, at 4pm on a Monday, googling how to quit amicably. It all seemed obvious in the abstract but now I'm like 'What the hell do I name the meeting invite where I announce my resignation?' :dead:

I think I'm dragging my feet because subconsciously I want this to end well, even if I never see these people again. It's not their fault that other companies pay more, and they've always been good to me. Now that my health is gucci, I can refocus completely on quitting. I arbitrarily picked the 27th as my last day, so I will plan backwards from there.

I have a weekly Thursday meeting w/ my boss, so I could wait a few more days to spring the news, but that would be almost exactly two weeks' notice. The sooner I give my notice, the more gracious it looks and the more space it gives them to plan for the future... so I will give my notice tomorrow. Tonight, I'll do some prep tonight and get +8 hours of sleep to be well-rested.