Jacquees Sent Cease & Desist Letter for Remixing Ella Mai's Song

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Bu-bu-but people in here are saying his version could NEVER overshadow hers... she has a machine behind her and 25 million views ...
I never said that . I said her stardom will probably be bigger .

And btw....how do we know she’s not considered “urban” in the UK?

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I love Ella Mai.....4275 ep is better than anything she's released so far

Bushmaster

All Star
Daps
These nikkas are resorting to straight up lying now :mjlol:

That wasn't no fan video :rudy:

At any rate, the label is accusing him of monetizing their content. Explain why they haven't had Vedo or T-Pain remixes taken down when they all had more views than Jacquees. Clearly the nikka was too thirsty:camby:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Exactly, Elle got big off of remixing and covering Chris brown songs and yet, nobody sued her
Because none of her shyt was monetized :what:
:stopitslime: Jacquees NEVER monetized his unofficial remix of "Trip" either. T-Pain already admitted he didn't know WTF he was talking about when he said Jacquees tried to make money off of it. So why are y'all still running with this narrative?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Y’all are really bending over backwards like as if her first big hit wasn’t a chord for chord cover of Tevin Campbell with some white girl lyrics over top :mjlol: her entire career is copying swag and covering other people’s songs now it’s a problem when jacquees covers her, we have to get lawyers involved :comeon: ok

And yeah hoes like this bytch thinking they can run roughshod all over Black Americans like Jacquees is a REAL PERSONAL PROBLEM
It’s like she has no hip hop sensibility

That's my problem. It's not hip hop to sue another black person for remixing some shyt , that's what we do. Make it hotter and be in each other videos. :childplease:Wtf is wrong with you new nikkas? The purpose of the genre is not to cradle your intellectual property close to your bosom like a bytch, it's to please the crowd. Remember??? Yes, if somebody eating heavy off your shyt, they gotta share, but I've seen no evidence that that Jacquees is benefiting from this monetarily. nikkas cheered when Marvin Gaye's family sued bc Robin Thicke was a culture vulture benefiting MIGHTILY and not breaking nobody off. There is a difference.

Here's what AA's need to understand. Foreign blacks pick and choose the pieces of our culture they want. Hip hop for a long time handled disputes outside established legal frameworks because AA's don't fukk with no damn police.:birdman:That's the ecosystem she injected herself into. But instead of playing her fukking position and being happy that we accepted her dry sounding, singing by the numbers ass, she gon run go get 'her white people' (Interscope's lawyers) on a young breh trynna come up just like her. Wack, snitch-adjacent, and very :mjpls:.