Banned
Daps
Jaguar-F-type-Coupe-4.jpg
FT_16MY_050_JNA_1366x380_tcm97-140091_desktop_1366x380.jpg

2015-jaguar-f-type-coupe.jpg
2015-jaguar-f-type-coupe-inline1-photo-555882-s-original.jpg
F-TypeCoupe.jpg
2015-jaguar-f-type-coupe-interior-02.jpg

Interior could use some work and i wish all models came with the contrasting sunroof but this is the best car out right now IMO (under $120k). also the base model is only a v6 340HP, which at the price point could get you the Lexus RC-F but this is a head turning car by far.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Interior could use some work and i wish all models came with the contrasting sunroof but this is the best car out right now IMO (under $120k). also the base model is only a v6 340HP, which at the price point could get you the Lexus RC-F but this is a head turning car by far.
The R coupe is $99,000 5 litre V8 with 550 HP. :manny:
The base coupe is $65,000 3.0 liter V6 with 340 HP :camby:

I'm not going to compare apples to oranges. That wouldn't make sense.
I would rather get a Skyline instead of the R model F-Type coupe. The Nissan Skyline GT-R Premium (base model) is $101,770 - 3.8 litre dual-turbo = 545 HP.
I would rather get a Subaru WRX STi instead of the base model F-Type Coupe. The Subaru WRX STi Limited (top model) is $38,495 - 2.5 liter flat 4 single-turbo =305 HP. It would only take less than $2000 to modify and tune this car to get over 340 HP.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The R coupe is $99,000 5 litre V8 with 550 HP. :manny:
The base coupe is $65,000 3.0 liter V6 with 340 HP :camby:

I'm not going to compare apples to oranges. That wouldn't make sense.
I would rather get a Skyline instead of the R model F-Type coupe. The Nissan Skyline GT-R Premium (base model) is $101,770 - 3.8 litre dual-turbo = 545 HP.
I would rather get a Subaru WRX STi instead of the base model F-Type Coupe. The Subaru WRX STi Limited (top model) is $38,495 - 2.5 liter flat 4 single-turbo =305 HP. It would only take less than $2000 to modify and tune this car to get over 340 HP.

what are you basing this off of, HP? That's the problem

Look at the car and drive it. It's better looking IMO than anything in the price range. And that's not only my opinion every review basically says the same, aesthetics wise you can't really top the F Type. Now HP/power wise yes - but who the hell really needs 500+ HP, at what point in your day are you really utilizing that in America's cities?

March Madness

All Star
Daps
Perfectson said:
And that's not only my opinion every review basically says the same, aesthetics wise you can't really top the F Type.

If true, I guarantee you every reviewer said that prior to the C7 Stingray hitting showroom floors.

Even though the F-Type starts at 65k, every F-Type I've seen at the dealership was either the loaded S or R model. I don't know if every base model in the city was already leased or if all the Jaguar dealers in Dallas purposely only stocked the 80-100k ones.

340hp from a V6 are entry level pony car numbers, nothing worthy of a 60k car. But the styling and overall experience driving can make you forgive that. There's more important shyt to me than 'performance' and 'going fast' but I don't want a car that isn't as fast as it looks, lol.

Believe it or not, the 3LT interior on the Stingray was better to me. Leather was genuine nappa and it's outsourced by the same people who does Porsche's upholstery. C7 has shyt like heads-up display and multiple driving modes, valet mode, etc. On the inside it's no comparison. F-Type had more visible plastic but it doesn't have a bad interior, better than the SLK and Audi TT. Only thing that's ass to me on the C7's interior is the steering wheel. Should've been d-bottom, and the giant horn button looks ass even though it's still leather.

C7 has a hatch and probably more trunk space than anything else in it's class breh. Added to the fact they all have targa tops? No brainer. F-Type really just has more exotic styling, plus it's only slightly bigger than a Z4/SLK/TT ... it's a roadster type car and not really a full-blown GT like the 911/SL/C7/6series. But, if I was back in the market for a F-Type I wouldn't be cross-shopping it with sport-sedans like the WRX or RC-F...

image.jpg

image.jpg

both look great tho ... def head-tuners, only downside to the Vette is it's "a Vette" and it'll be everywhere in 3-5 years.

March Madness

All Star
Daps
chkmeout said:
Nope....

Give me that R-coupe with smaller pulley and full exhaust + tune...

levels...

Levels to what breh?

a $100,000 F-Type that under-performs in comparison to a $77,000 C7 Z06? :comeon:

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Hits 0-60 in 2.95 seconds
Power: 650 hp @ 6400 rpm
Torque: 650 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
Price:$78,995

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
what are you basing this off of, HP? That's the problem

Look at the car and drive it. It's better looking IMO than anything in the price range. And that's not only my opinion every review basically says the same, aesthetics wise you can't really top the F Type. Now HP/power wise yes - but who the hell really needs 500+ HP, at what point in your day are you really utilizing that in America's cities?
Jaguars look good. But, they have a record of bad reliability.
You need 500 HP if you are going to blast up a local road and crash in a fiery death, like Paul Walker. There's no way that would have happened in a Toyota Corolla.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Jaguars look good. But, they have a record of bad reliability.
You need 500 HP if you are going to blast up a local road and crash in a fiery death, like Paul Walker. There's no way that would have happened in a Toyota Corolla.
lol

but yeah the bad reliability has been corrected I believe in the last decade - but again when you buy a car like this, you aren't buying for reliability. expect to lease this shyt for the 3 years or buy at max 5 years....def not a keeper car.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
lol

but yeah the bad reliability has been corrected I believe in the last decade - but again when you buy a car like this, you aren't buying for reliability. expect to lease this shyt for the 3 years or buy at max 5 years....def not a keeper car.
Actually, for that much money, you should expect quality compared to other luxury sports cars of the same price. Even Lotus, another English auto maker, has outsourced engine building to Toyota to add reliability to their cars.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Actually, for that much money, you should expect quality compared to other luxury sports cars of the same price. Even Lotus, another English auto maker, has outsourced engine building to Toyota to add reliability to their cars.

i hear you but you tell me any car at that range that has ovefr 100K miles that the owner hasn't complained about mechanical or electrical issues.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
might as well just buy the Maserati or 991 at that point. I think it's a decent looking car.

:manny:
also come to think of it the RS5 is cheaper :leostare:

also my S4 probably has more hp than the base version and is significantly cheaper

:heh: