Jake near 5 years sober

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
When I was a young wrestler back in the early 2000's I was on tour with NWA-UK Hammerlock , and the big star they'd brought over for the tour was Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. On night 3 of the tour he arrived particularly drunk, staggered to his locker room, and cracked open another bottle of Jack Daniels. That night he was actual wrestling a very young Finn Balor/Fergal Devitt (in his rookie year no less!), who even at the time was quickly becoming a highlight of the shows. A bunch of us all watched the match from behind the curtain, and what we saw might still be the most bizarre match I've witnessed live. Jake could barely stand up, yet being Jake still seemed to have the crowd in the palm of his hand. After staggering around a bit started getting beaten down by Fergal, who really seemed to be working his absolute hardest to hold things together. It was time for Jake's comeback and he somehow got Fergal down on the mat. The crowd were going crazy with an almost deafening chant of "DDT DDT DDT", and Jake, ever the master at crowd manipulation simply raises one finger in the air and then puts it to his lips. In an instant the crowd hushed to a silence, and after a few seconds as the crowd leaned in to listen Jake let out one of the loudest farts I've ever heard, which echoed through the hall. He then cackled like a drunk, hit the DDT, and went on to cut a tearfilled promo where he told the fans he'd left it all in the ring that night and they'd witnessed his final ever match, he was retiring forever. Despite having witnessed the worlds smelliest comeback just moments before the crowds eyes were now watering for an entirely different reason. Jake stumbled back through the curtain as we all stepped back to let him through. He looked up at us, and as he wiped the tears from his eyes and broke out with a big grin he said some words which will stick with me forever. "Those people will buy any old shyt!"

:mjlol:

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
Good for him brehs, I remember watching beyond the mat as a teenager like :sadbron: thinking his time was up. Good to see him turn his life around, I'm surprised the E doesn't offer him a promo coaching role in NXT or something.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The genius of Jake the Snake Roberts...there is NO ONE LIKE him, kids. NO ONE. The cheating metaphor....he's on another level and always will be

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Listening to this Jake/Stone Cold podcast..Jake got Austin almost in awe at several points of his genius and unrivalled point of view of selling and psychology.