Jamaica is the first Caribbean country to welcome 1 million visitors and bag $800m so far in 2019

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The Anthony Bordain episode where he went over there spent some time focusing on the foreign investors who were buying up much of the prime real estate over there. A lot of the hotels, beaches, prime fishing locations, are NOT owned by local Jamaicans. In many instances the folks who grew up there and lived off the land and sea are being displaced in the name of tourism.

Can you post the video.

And it’s the truth. But many Caribbean folks are blind to it.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I’m sure you know basic geography. Do any of those islands look big enough to hold 30 million people?

:mjlol:
:gucci:
:what:

Vast majority of those islands only have populations in the thousands.

How am i suppsoed to know the size of the island? England is an island with 80 million people.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Well that's good, but as a Jamaican I really wanna hear the money going towards the infrastructure and resources the island desperately needs.

Celebratory articles like this don't fool me when places like Hanover don't look any better than it did 40 years ago and many people are still living in poverty while that wotliss Andrew Holness and his government cronies ain't doing shyt, as well as these chinese parasites slowly taking over. Jamaica is the GOAT, but it has HUUUUUGE potential to be way greater.

whose that in your av?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
The islands in the Caribbean are a dot compared to England.

Manhattan which would be a better comparison has less than 2 million residents.

Maps dont give an accurate representation of size. Africa is a giant compared to the other continents but maps dont show it.