James Blake - The Colour In Anything [Album] [London the epicentre of dopeness right now brehs]

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Fav joints?

:wow:
I couldn't put a name on any particular track, all I know is that by play through #3 I was mad familiar with these tracks like I'd had this album for months rather than just 6 hours. All the familiar Blake-isms and yet he's managed to switch up his sound a bit, I'm definitely gonna try and catch him live this summer when he next hits London.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
London like New York is a melting pot of influences - from hip hop, house, grime, to soca, garage, bass music, classical. Many artists are influenced by the cosmopolitan nature of the city but also it can be hectic and dreary at times. Artists like James Blake, Jamie XX, Burial really the light and the dark.
Yea but London dwarfs NYC talent wise. From MC's to Adele and Winehouse (RIP) James Blake to the XX to a million other artists. I seriously think London is the music mecca.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was pretty nice. His albums are so immersive, I was listening to "I Need A Forest Fire" late at night and nearly jumped out of the bed @ 0:47, that shyt caught me off guard. :damn:

Last edited:

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I'm really liking this more than that "Overgrown" album he did previously

It's a little more Melancholy than I expected, but that's London for you :manny:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
uk love for the classics is what keeps them
solid foundation of soul and classic piff
if our own youth loved our greats as much as uk youngins did music would be better off

proper pop

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It's insane how many truly dope artists come from London in all music genres. Real singers, real musicians. James Blake last album was dope af. Retrograde was straight fire/

:francis:

What's happening in London is what happens when musicians care more about being musicians than they do about being famous.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, ya'll are super slacking.

If I see another fukk acting like this doesn't exist I'm smacking you.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
It's insane how many truly dope artists come from London in all music genres. Real singers, real musicians. James Blake last album was dope af. Retrograde was straight fire/

yeah and its crazy that london is like the most hyper gentrified, most expensive city in the whole world. worse than new york. probably the worst place for an artist to try to be. yet they stay putting out high quality artists