Janelle Monae HAS to be an Industry Plant.

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Baracka Flocka Flame, Feb 10, 2019.

1. T.H.E. Goat

T.H.E. Goat Alone In Vegas

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Where The Grass Is Blue
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I agree with OP she’s for sure a plant

That “critical acclaim” don’t mean shyt, especially when the acclaim is coming from out of touch cacs.....the same cacs who give critical acclaim to Kendrick, Cole, Chance, etc..

lamont614 and Booker T Garvey dapped this.
  2. Guvnor

Guvnor Da Speculative Spectacle®

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BKLYN
    Coli Cash:
    $6.40

He's not an artist under her label?

Even with out mentioning him what I said justifies why she is up there.

3. Deacon Frye

Deacon Frye Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Man, woman, and child
    Coli Cash:
    $169600.39

This thread is so true. I swear every time she pops up on something I start doubting myself. Like am I not tuning into the right shyt? Maybe every time I turn on the radio I JUST MISSED one of her songs. Thanks coli for clearing this up
    :francis:

4. Abraxus

Abraxus Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $490.00

especially with the LGBT community and folk like that. They keep her employed. One day she like some dangalang other days she wanna munch some box so that's her Mass Appeal

5. sporticus

sporticus All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $200023.00

Claims that she doesn't have any machine-made, corporate industry hits.....submits this as evidence that she's an industry plant.....

:gucci::what::ld: Dafuq?

Kenny West, Chris Cool and JustCKing dapped this.
  6. Booker T Garvey

Booker T Garvey Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    TN
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

Well apparently we’re wrong and you need look no further than ledisi, jidenna, and andra day for answers to your confusion

[​IMG]

Deacon Frye dapped this.
  7. Trot LaRoc

Trot LaRoc Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi/LA
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I dont roc with her music AT ALL but ol girl aint a plant

Off top, she was a real plant, she would have bigger hits...she would get more radio spins etc

She has been out for damn near a decade at tjis point....its not like some Cardi shyt where a stripper goes from never touching a mic to having a #1 album and a Grammy in 2 years...that is textbook plant....or Post Malone....same thing....there was no grass roots there at all

She is however a token blac artist....she appeals to industry cacs bc she doesnt have a street/ratchet image, she has the pansexual feminist thing that checcs off the "representation" box and she has gotten cosigns thruout the years....she has a really good agent/PR team that keeps getting her good looks

Grammys always have some offbrand, non pop type artists...it makes the show look more "cultured"

We need to investigate what a "plant" really is.

Zero and Kenny West dapped this.
  8. KingJay

KingJay Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Philly bouls, Trust the Process
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Critics love her and she's political

Don't know why any of this matters tho, all that matters is that at the end of the day her music is dope :ohlawd:
    The ArchAndroid a top 3 album of this decade :wow:

preach cxxley and Chris Cool dapped this.
  9. Big Boss

Big Boss Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Does she even have a gold album?

10. Astronomer

Astronomer Rookie

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

*Janelle has never actually WON a Grammy.

11. PropJoe

PropJoe Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    qc NC
    Coli Cash:
    $275816.00

/close thread

12. mag357

mag357 Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

The funny thing is that even the ppl speaking up for her are basically saying shes irrelevant...
    So the entire thread is an arguement about what "industry plant" really means....
    I think some are taking it as... the industry pushed her music to the top and helped her get hits...
    I think that could kinda be a plant...
    But it's hard to make muthafukaz like and buy ppls music.... no matter what.
    We could claim cardi b is a plant.... shed being pushed to the forefront but even a person that dont like her shyt, knows some of that shyt she had was pretty hot.
    Now.. when it comes to Monae, we're talking about the meaning of "industry plant ", that means u dnt have any reason to be at the level of fame ur at... but somehow ur still there...
    Like someone just put u there and is constantly taking care of you... even if u dnt grow, ur still be there somehow getting watered and nurtured (getting paid)
    I think both should be considered plants...
    The person I've always considered the biggest plant is Nicki Minaj... it's like she was famous b4 I heard 1 song... and I've never heard a hot song from her... maybe a super Luke warm one...
    But nothing to justify her level of fame...
    Pretty much ever huge artist had like 1 song that put them out there to the public... that song or songs is usually easy to name...
    Like young Ms "ooouu", 50cent In the club or something...
    I never heard one.... she just was a star out of no where

Booker T Garvey dapped this.
  13. RC-P90

RC-P90

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $11258011.00

coli caint be happy a talented and attractive black woman is getting some shine...bbbut she performing at all the awards shows:mjlol:...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    MikeyC and preach cxxley dapped this.
  14. Trot LaRoc

Trot LaRoc Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi/LA
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I dont disagree with some of that. Nicki got buzz off her verses on "Bedrock" and "Monster

Imo a plant is someone who has no grass roots beginning to their career. They get opportunities and plays/spins/press outta nowhere....a totally fabricated artist.

As much as i dont care for Mo ae's music, there appears to be evidence that she did grind for a while to get traction. Its obvious her team is keeping her more relevant than she should be....but thats just having management that is connected

I think the Coli definition of a plant is more based off whether they like somebody music or not:manny:

DougFunnY, Kenny West and mag357 dapped this.
  15. mag357

mag357 Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Bro... either artist had a come up thru years of work, or they manz got on so now they are on, or they got an uncle who is an executive at sony.
    But even the ppl who "put in work" still had to find the plug...
    The movie shyt where niggsz is playing at the high school proms and a talent scout is on the phone like "hey, I've just found this great band....listen to this" ... that shyt ain't really real
    Everyone if these artist is really a plant to be honest...
    But every once in a while there is an artist that comes along, that is so unrelatable... so weird, nobody really fux with them... but u see them every fukking where.... and their presence is what shows us that the entertainment industry picks and chooses who they want in front of us...
    U gotta ask urself why this person?
    Again... we can say Nicki Minaj verses on those 2 songs were good... both them songs imo arent the in the club type bangaz, that ur name lives on 4ever from them...
    What was her stand out break out banga, that everyone knew... even if u dnt listen to hip hop, if know the song?
    Nicki was propelled, to bring in the next wave of thots... how many bytches started to be Nicki Minaj out here... she paved the way for the Cardi Thots